cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin tv 360 upgrade failed

Stephencoutts30
Tuning in

Error MA1/4/0. Trying to upgrade to use new remote. Any ideas why this has failed? 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Stephencoutts30 

Error MA1/4/40  is often due to a migration issue.

A few other people with this error have managed to perform the update by either removing the box from the mains for five minues and trying again, or by deleting recordings to make more space and then trying again.

You could also try turning off the V6 at switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time.

Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and fingers crossed it will reset and boot up normally, and then hopefully install the 360 software update.

If that doesn't work it's probably a settings issue at the VM end. The software upgrade has been started but the billing system doesn’t know which account to tie your equipment to activate the box. 

The Faults team may be able to fix this, if not they will escalate it to 2nd level support to fix it over the phone by sending a new update signal.

If that also fails it will need an engineer visit to change the box

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks For the Response Dave

I tried the various actions noted reseting etc but unfortunatley it didnt change the error message

I can try to contact VM and ask for support 

thanks for your information 

best Regards

Stephen 

Like many I received an email from Virgin to upgrade to 360 via a remote control.  It arrived this week and after continually receiving the error code MA1/4/0 over the course of the last few days I finally gave up and call support.  After an hour on the phone switching the TiVo box on and off and some rebooting from their end  they admitted they could not resolve the issue.  I asked for a postage paid returns label for the return of the remote and they refused. So I guess the shiny new remote will remain in its box gathering dust or until I toss it in the bin.  I would be interested to hear if anyone has succeeded to install this upgrade successfully.

Hi @Stephencoutts30,

I can see you have spoken to our team and understand they were able to resolve things for you. 

If you need anything else, let us know 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs