cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin tv 360 crackling sound

staceym23
Tuning in

Can anyone help I got virgin tv 360 in and the mini box I can hear a crackling sound in the background on and off on some channel's especially on utvhd can this be fixed 

9 REPLIES 9

staceym23
Tuning in

Can someone help whenever I am watching something on the mini box live or recorded I can hear a noise in the background but when I check the same programme on the main box the sound is not there it happens during any programme that I watch on and off I have tried moving the wire about but nothing helps 

staceym23
Tuning in

Can someone help with getting intouch with someone to fix sound problem with 360 mini box 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi staceym23,

What are the sound problem issues?

For Sound issues go to Setting > Audio & Video - try setting Dolby Audio to always convert.

You can also try different settings such as follow content or disabled

If you are using a sound bar try connecting the 360 to a TV HDMI port without ARC.

Then if you are using  fibre optic straight from the 360 to your sound bar, set Dolby to Follow Content.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I can see you have started 3 threads on this, that is if they are all " crackling sound " problems on the mini box. Is the mini connected straight to the TV or are you using a soundbar. Assuming both boxes are connected directly to the TV with no soundbar then you could try the sound settings, I have mine set to follow content NA uses always convert, easiest option if the sound settings don't work would be to swap HDMI cables, if that doesn't show anything you could temporarily swap boxes around to see if the problem follows the box.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is the sound coming from the broadcast or the mini itself? The mini contains a fan and often kicks in when using the box.

From my own experience, the fan on the mini does operate quite frequently and perhaps this is what you can hear?

Paul

I have changed it to follow content will try that for a few days and see how it goes if not will try disabled and see how that goes thanks for the help

Hi @staceym23,

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing these sounds with your 360 mini box. We can understand your concern. I have been able to access your account using forum details. I see that you recently spoke to our team regarding this. Is the issue ongoing? Did you find the great advice given by our community helpful?

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I changed the audio setting as I said above to disabled and it seems to have improved the sound for the most I think will leave it like that for a while and see how the sound goes 

No problem staceym23, glad to hear it has helped improved the sound.

If you'd like us to help further just let us know 🙂

Beth

Beth