cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin tv 360 box to Sony tv with WiFi?

Kel1124
Tuning in

Hey! I can’t seem to get the tv 360 to start up on my Sony Bravia through WiFi?

I have the internet connected but can’t seem to find the start page?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you.

27 REPLIES 27

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your issue is unclear.

The TV 360 sends audio and video across an HDMI cable to your TV’s HDMI port.

What is your WiFi issue?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I can’t connect the Ethernet cable as it isn’t long enough, it says I can connect with WiFi instead. I have hooked the TV to the WiFi but the set up for the TV 360 doesn’t appear?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Kel1124,

The 360 box needs connecting to the white VM coaxial cable to set up.

The wifi connection is turned on in the 360 settings menu.

Home > Settings > Network,  but should do it automatically if you attach the white coaxial to the 360.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Remember all VM TV boxes need 2 connections.

- White co-ax cable carries your TV signal.

- Connection to your homehub (via WiFi or Ethernet) gives an internet connection, for OnDemand, streaming & EPG updates.

Both connections need to be present and clean, else you'll have issues sooner or later.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I know that is the preferred method. Can it not work without the white coax/Ethernet cable in the tv? It reads as though it can on the set up guide? The cables aren’t long enough to get to the tv ( other side of the room?

Thanks for the replies. 🙂

edit: all cables are correctly installed into the 360 box from the WiFi box (white and yellow)

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kel1124 wrote:

I know that is the preferred method. Can it not work without the white coax/Ethernet cable in the tv?

I'm not sure what you're asking. The co-ax cable provides the incoming signal from VM's network to either your TV box or broadband modem.

Ethernet cables connect a broadband modem to an internet-device. Your 360 requires an internet connection to work, and if you have a smart-TV it may also have the facility.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There appears, in my opinion, to be a misunderstanding of what connecting the smart TV and/or the TV 360 to the internet does.

The connection of the smart TV to the internet has absolutely nothing to do with the Virgin TV service.

As explained earlier, the Virgin TV service is delivered to your smart TV over an HDMI connection to your smart TV from the TV 360 box.

The TV 360 box itself requires both a co-ax connection and an internet connection which can be either a direct Ethernet connection to your broadband Hub or via WiFi.

The OP is trying to connect the 360 to the TV via WiFi rather than using an HDMI cable which, as we know, will not work.

This is a little rubbish and misleading. I am going have to buy an extra long cable to go from the WiFi box even though the 360 box is next to the tv and connected by WiFi. 😬 

Thanks for all the responses, it great to get answers without having to sit on the phone for hours!