cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin soundbar volume ping

mkelly28
Joining in

On connecting my soundbar every 20 seconds the volume appears on the tv. If I mute it then becomes unmutted. I tried resets/different hdmi sockets and cables. If virgin box is off it goes away e.g prime/Netflix inbuilt to the tv or Xbox works fine.

I have no idea why the virgin box does this and I’ve no idea how to switch it off.

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello mkelly28

Sorry to hear of the sound bar and audio issues experienced, we appreciate the frustration this can cause and you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

We have tried to locate an account for you to see which set top box you currently have to best advise but have been unable to locate one. You could try the following:

Go to Settings > Audio & Video  >  Dolby Audio > There are 3 options, Always Convert,  Follow Content and Disabled. Try each one and see if this fixes the issue. I have mine set to Follow Content and have no problems.

Rob

It is on Disabled. 

I figured out a sequence. Everything is off

1. turn on virgin media box

2. turn on soundbar, wait for the soundbar to be switched on. On my JVC sounbar, its connected via ARC HDMI, and i wait for this to appear.

3. turn on tv

This is a bit annoying, but its a workaround. 

I don’t see a clear button on the remote