cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin remote keeps unpairing with my tv

Fazman
Tuning in

Anyone know why virgin 360 remote keeps unpairing with my tv (humax box ). I have 3 boxes and 2 of the remotes remained paired . However this one remote unpairs frequently and I have to keep pairing- keeps defaulting to Vixio tv and mine is a hisense. Is there a fix , does anyone know why this happens?

23 REPLIES 23

Hi all

I think (fingers crossed working so far) I’ve found a solution 

In the actual TV’s settings I’ve turned off CEC connection. This means that I can still control turning on the TV power and adjusting the volume with the Virgin remote, but it does stop me being able to the change tv inputs with the Virgin control (which is annoying, I use an Xbox for Disney+)

So far, I’ve not had to re-pair the remote, which previously I was having to do every time I turned on the tv

Hope this helps

JAT247
Joining in

I’m having this same issue.
Tried all the suggested fixes but still happens after a few days. Virgin 360 sees my Hisense tv as a Vizio and remote will not work and I have to re pair the remote again! How annoying. My wife wants to go back to Sky!! 

I tried the CEC connection as posted above and that's worked, been driving me mad for months but this finally sorted it, been working now for the past week. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @JAT247 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services.

Are you able to let me know what TV you currently have? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M