cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin remote keeps unpairing with my tv

Fazman
Tuning in

Anyone know why virgin 360 remote keeps unpairing with my tv (humax box ). I have 3 boxes and 2 of the remotes remained paired . However this one remote unpairs frequently and I have to keep pairing- keeps defaulting to Vixio tv and mine is a hisense. Is there a fix , does anyone know why this happens?

23 REPLIES 23

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The codes are for the TIVO  and won't work on the Horizon software of the 360.

If the remote appears to have stopped working make sure the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yeah done all that, Nothing works, it's now doing it more often, it's an absolute pain having to pair it constantly, there is obviously an issue with this somewhere. Would be good to find a solution.

I'm getting this exact same issue and it's getting tiresome having to pair the remote at least once a day.

Hisense TV and the box keeps reverting to Vizio. Tried changing power settings etc which has done nothing.

Can't anyone from Virgin offer support?

Hello bnstd

Sorry to hear this is also happening to you 

What box do you have with us 

Gareth_L

TV 360

Never found a solution for mine, the remote works perfectly for around 20 seconds when the tv is turned on then it tells me I can now pair my remote to the virgin box and it stops working. Shame there is no solution. 

With several posts about this on the forum, it has to be a software issue surely?

Thanks for coming back to us.

Please can you try this link which should help.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Clearly haven't read a wond that's been said here, no one has a problem with pairing remotes, they just unpair after a short period of time, 

Hey all

I’m not having this issue at all and I have my remotes connected to a Panasonic and a Hisense.

Panasonic worked automatically when paired with VM box. Hisense had to then go into ‘Pair remote to audio system’ and enter Hisense as make and then the model number. Then worked and does not ever reset or disconnect.

Not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs but making sure all bases have been covered.

If this has all been done and still disconnects. As well as the power options I’ve previously suggested that may be the issue, make sure that your box is set to power on to the profile that you programmed your remote with under ‘Default profile on startup’.

if the last option doesn’t work then I’m thinking this may be a specific TV settings issue. May be worth a check through of TV settings.

Apart from that I’m out of suggestions. Lol.

Thanks

Maxit TV
2 X TV 360 Box
M500 Fibre Broadband