cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin remote control

sjs57
Tuning in

The virgin remote is not working. Put new batteries in.

13 REPLIES 13

sjs57
Tuning in

Hello

my virgin remote control is not working. I’ve gone through the online help ie check source, hold buttons 10 seconds etc. the white light does not even flash but I’ve put in new batteries. Any ideas?? Thank you 🙏 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @sjs57 

Have you tried factory resetting the remote?

Pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds will factory reset the TV 360 remote. 

To pair the 360 remote again hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

Often if the remote appears to have stopped working wiggling it a few times will get it working again. 

Also if the volume buttons aren't working on your 360 remote then double check under Settings > Audio Video > Volume Keys Control that it isn't set to (TV make) Amplifier instead of your TV make.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for these suggestions Dave.  I tried them. The light doesn’t flash at all. The volume are the only buttons on the virgin remote that work on the tv.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @sjs57 

Are you able to try the key testing method?

Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices

Don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others.

You can also control the 360 by using the Virgin TV Go app as a temporary measure. There are download links on <<< this page >>> 

If you have a smart TV remote you might be able to get that remote to pair with the 360, although the voice function won't work.

Please try entering the device name as below.

I have an older LGNANO796NE and am able to set it up by typing NANO and by typing 796E.

Most devices can be set up by entering the first four characters after the screen size or model name, or by entering four  consecutive characters from the model name.

With for instance the LG  55UP77006LB  I would try entering  UP77 or 7700 or 06LB  in Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices > LG 

Did you  try the key testing method?

Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices

Don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others.96E

If you still can't the 360 remote then yYou should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and order the remote for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a replacement.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

@sjs57 wrote:

Hello

my virgin remote control is not working. I’ve gone through the online help ie check source, hold buttons 10 seconds etc. the white light does not even flash but I’ve put in new batteries. Any ideas?? Thank you 🙏 

Is that the white light on the new style remote with 2 batteries or the white light on the 360 box.

I assume it's the 360 the remote isn't working with as it controls the TV volume.

The remote controls the TV volume using IR and the 360 box by RF so as you have tried factory resetting the remote have you tried rebooting the box, even factory resetting the box, just select the option to keep your recordings. 

If that doesn't work it might be a case of getting a new remote.

The quickest way to get a remote would be to call 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone or wait for a member of the forum team to pick this up which could be 2 to 3 day's.

While you are waiting you can use the TVGO app to control the box, if your TV has a smart remote you might be able to pair that to the 360, my LG remote is paired using Ziggo Set-top box, another one to try is Ziggo MediaBox Next.

Thank you, a wealth of knowledge here

Thank you, will try this

Thanks , not tech savvy enough to try key testing, will get someone to help 👍

roy247
Community elder

Key testing is for pairing the remote to the TV. Are you having problems with the remote to 360 box or remote to your TV, or both.