cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media logo on screen ..

jaymac66jm
Tuning in

Hi,

Anyone else noticed VM logo randomly appearing on screen during a programme??

Was watching Resident Evil : extinction on Sky cinema Sci Fi Horror & it just appeared .. lasted about 20 secs or so & no buttons on remote would get rid of it.

Went away by itself 

Regards

Jay

10 REPLIES 10

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jay, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear this was happening. 

At the time the logo appeared, did this cut the film so it was only the logo you could see or was the logo showing somewhere such as in the corner? 

Have you noticed this happening on any other channel or movie that you've watched on that channel?

If possible, and it happens again, can you try and get  screenshot so we can look further into this for you? 

Keep us posted. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks, Kate_F.

When this happened the screen went completely black and only the logo showed. I could use the remote to change channels etc but only black screen/logo showed.

Coincidentally, this happened again this morning whilst watching The Big Bang Theory on Channel 4.

I have no idea why a pic of the screen would be useful as it doesn't have any codes - just a black screen with Virgin Media logo??

Regards

James

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Have you only experienced this on the 2 occasions?  

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Yes, Zak_M .. Only twice .. so far 🙂

Thank you for confirming @jaymac66jm

How are things looking since you last posted to us, has this happened again at all? 

Thank you.

Hi Ash_C,

No, it hasn't happened again since.

Regards

James

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @jaymac66jm,

Thank you for the update 🙂 I am glad to see this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just for info, this happened to me several months back. It’s the same logo you see when the box comes out of standby. It only happened once or twice and hasn’t happened since. 

Happened to me yesterday !  Was searching through the sky cinema films in the on demand section.