cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media Vs sky Vs Freeview?

garry414
Joining in

So ok this question may have been asked a few years back but now we are in 2023 with the cost of living, I thought I'll ask again.

My parents are paying £77 a month on broadband and sky TV alone. Channels they have and mainly watch are the movie channels.

I live with them and personally have an account with Disney+ and netflix which they can watch to with some alterations that plays Disney+ on their TV.

But I want to give them another option as well that costs less. Obviously we will have to have broadband for most services which we will be having still.

2 REPLIES 2

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

I suggest Now broadband with the Cinema bundle - about half the price (after initial discounts) than is being forked out currently.

*assumes smart TV 

Screenshot_20230604-170136.png

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you or your parents have a need to record programmes for later viewing? If so, TV360 is your choice which comes with a multiroom facility. If not, Stream may also be an option.

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/packages is as good as anywhere to start - you'll likely get better prices with a landline than without.

When you refer to movie channels, I presume you mean Sky Cinema, in which case they can be a premium add-on to the basic-tier Mixit TV package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks