cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media 360 box blankout after exiting apps

Sujnshrestha
Tuning in

I ve using virgin media 360 box for quite a some time now. It was all fine and good until recent update. 

I have a kid and we use youtube kids app on the box quite a lot. Also we usually just turn off the box using red button on the remote. It's easier as it turn off both tv and box.

After update, when we turn tv back on, we get blank tv screen. Tv box interface does not load. It seems box froze on blank screen. It did not use to do that before update.i have seen this happening on other app as well like netflix and prime video.

This is frustrating as I have to do hard reset everytime box freezes. And if there is any recording happening. We loose it.

Is there any way we can bring back box to life again without resetting it. Or have to wait untill next software update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

I would try doing a factory reset of the box, just select the option to keep your recordings, you will have to sign in again to your apps, this hopefully will fix your problem or if it's a potential box problem might just push it over the edge and you will need to call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone to report a fault.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

I would try doing a factory reset of the box, just select the option to keep your recordings, you will have to sign in again to your apps, this hopefully will fix your problem or if it's a potential box problem might just push it over the edge and you will need to call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone to report a fault.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This could be an HDMI handshake issue.

When it happens, try using either the TV 360 remote or your TV remote to swap Sources to, say, the TV source then swap back to the HDMI you have the TV 360 connected to. This may force an HDMI handshake and correct the error without resetting the TV 360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, thank you for reply. I have tried it numerous time. 

Thank you for suggesting factory reset. I will try this.

Hi, factory reset worked. No black screen for 3 days now.

Thank you @roy247