cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin UHD

Dazza124
Dialled in

Hi All,

Virgin UHD was in my channel listing but has since disappeared. I looked in manage channels and its not there either.

Anyone know why this has gone?

25 REPLIES 25

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you using a different profile to the Shared one?

Which channel number are you looking at as its on both 228 and 999
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi BenMcr,

I set the UHD channel under my profile to channel 1. The channel was under "manage channels" and by using this I only select UHD & HD channels to be shown.

The UHD channel is missing from the "manage channels" listing.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Does it show in the shared profile?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

No.

Dazza124_0-1639422255490.png

Dazza124_1-1639422308393.png

says Virgin highlights but not Virgin UHD. I set this channel to be channel1 but is has gone.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ah. You’re not talking about the actual TV 360 box but, rather, the Virgin TV Go app.

I noted this some time ago but ignored it, assuming it doesn’t display on the app because it can’t be watched in the app, being UHD.

Only really an issue:

1. If you want to set a recording on a UHD channel;

2. You manage your channels on a profile on the app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can edit the profile and add more channels.

Click profiles on the side of your 360 remote and then sSelect the pen symbol under the profile name

On the screen that opens click on Manage Channels, then on the next screen click on Add channels and scroll down,

Select each channel you want by pressing OK (you should get a heart symbol next to the channel)

Then click on the back key as indicated on the screen, and press Confirm on the next screen.

As  far as I know if you want the UHD channel to be the first in the list you will either have to delete the rest of the channels in that profile, or create a new profile and add that one first.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi ErnieC,

I hope I haven't confused things. 

The channel is missing from my TV360 box. I set it up to be @ channel 1.

The screenshots are showing my box profile which should be the same as the physical box and that the UHD channel isn't available to select. I don't know why its disappeared..

@ newapollo,

Thanks. I have done this already months ago and the UHD was setup. My profile hasn't changed except this channel seems to have vanished. Its not available for me to select in the method you describe.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Dazza124 

I've just set up a test profile and scrolled down to channel 228 and added the VM Ultra HD channel.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali