cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV1 is offline, or not connecting......

wubble
Joining in

I had two events a week or two back:  an upgrade on the main box to tv 360 and a replacement of the older, 'lesser' box also to 360.

It's been fine, apart from not being as user friendly as the last ones.  However, last night I went to watch a recording and got the message:

"Virgin TV1 is offline, or not connecting. Turn it on to watch your recordings 

Watching recordings on both boxes has been fine until now, but last night it simply wouldn't let me watch recordings.  On the upgraded box, there isn't a problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @wubble 

All the recordings are stored on the main box  so it needs to be switched on if you want to watch recording on the other box.

Go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.
The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @wubble 

All the recordings are stored on the main box  so it needs to be switched on if you want to watch recording on the other box.

Go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.
The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

adnank503
On our wavelength

I have noticed this happening very frequently after the last software upgrade. 9 out of 10 times i would get the same message when trying to watch a recording from the mini box.

So why don't they tell us then?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @wubble,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with your TV box recordings!

Did the advise @newapollo give help resolve your issue? Please let us know how you're getting on and if you need any further help or assistance with this. We'll be more than happy to help if needed!

Thank you! 😊

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs