cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV with no box?

Navijus
Just joined

Hello,

Recently I moved home and decided to install a TV on top of my already existing broadband plan, which I did by the internet. Contacted the agent, readjusted the plan, all sorted.

Yesterday, the technician successfully installed the internet, but was not installing a TV box at all. When I asked if my TV is going to work just like that, he assured me that it's going to work. However, I'm not finding any channels with just my modem or connecting modem to my TV. How do I see the TV without a box???

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

deans6571
Wise owl

@Navijus wrote:

Hello,

Recently I moved home and decided to install a TV on top of my already existing broadband plan, which I did by the internet. Contacted the agent, readjusted the plan, all sorted.

Yesterday, the technician successfully installed the internet, but was not installing a TV box at all. When I asked if my TV is going to work just like that, he assured me that it's going to work. However, I'm not finding any channels with just my modem or connecting modem to my TV. How do I see the TV without a box???

Thanks!

.....erm - the obvious answer is that, you cannot!!!

If you want to watch tv with Virgin, you'll need a set top box (unless you're happy with just Freeview channels that your tv may be able to pick up if it has Freeview built in).

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Something's not right here!!

Virgin is a cable-TV & broadband operator, and to use VM TV services you need a Virgin set-top-box with a co-ax cable connection.

Your TV may have an in-built Freeview tuner, and if that's connected to an aerial you can use Freeview TV services.

Are you saying that you've ordered VM TV services, but the tech didn't install it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Navijus,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'decided to install a TV on top of my already existing broadband plan, which I did by the internet' as we do not provide TV via the internet. This may be a feature of your smart TV itself as deans6571 and japitts have advised. 

However if you are stating that you ordered TV services on top of your existing broadband service, then this will come with a cable box tuner, very likely the TV 360 box. You can confirm your service and contract via your online account. virg.in/myVM

If the engineer did not bring one at the time of install, is it possible you ordered a self-install kit?  Let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,

Corey C