Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV UHD Channel no Extra Cost

mjkerr
On our wavelength

I received this offer last week :
Saved the URL for Saturday 18 December -
https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/customer-exclusive/virgin-tv-uhd-channel-no-extra-cost

There is also a post in the Community :
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/Enjoy-Virgin-TV-UHD-channel-at-no-extra-cost-over-...

It is now Saturday, and the channel is still not available, subscription only

Channel 228

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for that. No messages on mine but the channel is now available to view. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

36 REPLIES 36

malbin
Dialled in

I keep getting emails from Virgin Media titled "Our Christmas TV gift to you"

Then goes on the say they are giving me access to Virgin TV Ultra HD from the 18th to 31st December on channel 228 or 999.

I have just checked and neither channel is available,they are both grayed out and a subscription bis required.

Is this another special offer from Virgin Media to me, that does not apply to me, a loyal customer.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've combined a couple of posts into one thread here, where the issue is clearly the same. And I don't imagine there's anything sinister in this - just a fault that's hopefully easily rectified.

I'm on Maxit bundle so can't verify this problem - but have flagged it to forum staff for checking.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

GeoffT44
Tuning in
Same issue here, although there is quite a lot of "small print" to the offer - only certain Bundles (I'm on Mix so should be OK) and only Primetime - not sure what that means but the Programme Guide does show greyed out programmes and clicking on any of them brings instructions on Upgrading.
Virgin never seem able to get things right.

I came on the forum as I'm having the same issue! I have the mixit package so wondered if that was why. I have had the email a couple of times so assumed they'd only email customers who are eligible 

Hants206
Tuning in

I received an email saying I was getting this channel for free from the 18th - today - (I have a V6!box) but it’s saying ‘not authorised’ 

mjkerr
On our wavelength

Finally, a third eMail and this one includes details of the valid packages
Mix
Fun
Player
Big TV

Strange that MixIt is not included

Equally, the eMail clearly states "offer for you"
Very misleading

Jackiecollins
On our wavelength

Do I have to do something to be able to watch it? 

I see Gattaca (1997) as I post this on channel 228. Have you got a video output settting of 2160p?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Themaster-12
Joining in

Hi 

New t this so please forgive if not posted in the correct place.

I received email ref Ibshouldxhave access to the above channels for 21:30 films between 18th  and 31st Dec. Just tried and neither channel is available.