cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Boxes connected to BT Internet Modem Router

RC-DC
Just joined

Hi, 

Can a Virgin 360 TV box have its LAN ethernet data port connected to a BT internet router LAN ports at the back? and still work and access on line content?

If so does anything need to be configured?   I have tried it, and the TV box keep saying it’s the wrong network. The BT internet is functioning correctly to the outside world, and I get around 66MB download.   Can I mix the two?

Many thanks,

RC

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @RC-DC 

Virgin set top boxes need connecting to Virgin broadband. They aren't configured to work with other ISP's.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TV360 & V6 boxes both require a Virgin Media broadband connection to work.

You can use a third party, independently-supplier router with your VM hub in modem mode. But the underlying connection needs to be VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TV 360 must be connected to a Virgin Media broadband service. It can’t connect through any other broadband service.

How have you arrived at a situation with Virgin Media TV 360 and BT broadband?

If you have cancelled your Virgin Media broadband and wanted to keep your TV service with Virgin Media, you should have been advised that you would need to revert to the old TiVo box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ernie_C wrote:

If you have cancelled your Virgin Media broadband and wanted to keep your TV service with Virgin Media, you should have been advised that you would need to revert to the old TiVo box.

Or as per recent developments, if you cancel your VM broadband service you now need to cancel Virgin Media TV too. The TiVo-boxes are no longer available for new installs.