cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 won't power on

ChrisP_Liv
On our wavelength

Hi,

I've had a new 360 box for a few weeks now but noticed today the standby light had gone out and I can't get it to power on. I've tried swapping mains plug sockets, disconnected the plug from the TV box for 20seconds and plugging back in and nothing. Also the turning it off and on again using the switch at the back of the box. Finally I've checked that the power supply is working (multimeter says 12vDC at the plug end).

I think that the box is faulty. How do I go about replacing it?

Kind regards,. Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, 

Yes I did via 150,  they sent out an engineer a couple of days later who swapped out the box with a replacement. No problems since.

Thanks for the support.

Chris

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

jamesredfern
Superfast

Quickest way to replace it is probably via a phone call. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ChrisP_Liv wrote:

I think that the box is faulty. How do I go about replacing it?

As with all service faults - 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone & choose the "I have a fault" options.

Or wait around here a couple of days, for a VM staffer to pick up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @japitts

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you managed to speak to our team as of yet? How are you getting on?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

Yes I did via 150,  they sent out an engineer a couple of days later who swapped out the box with a replacement. No problems since.

Thanks for the support.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the update, glad to hear your issue was resolved once the technician swapped your box, did they advise what the issue was and how this may have happened?

Any information you can share may help others facing the same issue.

Regards

Paul

Hi,

Unfortunately no, there was power getting to the box it just wouldn't switch on so he could do much but swap it out. We've not had any big storms that could have fried the box it's just a case that appliances either tend to fail quickly due to manufacturing faults when delivered or last for ages before wearing out.

In this case the engineer plugged a new TV box in, checked it powered on and we went throught the set up.

Thanks for the update ChrisP_Liv

Should you need any help in the future, 

Pop back on here 

Gareth_L