cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 voice control not working with eeroOS 6.3.0

Easton99
Just joined

I have two Eero pros (not Eero 6) and since the update to 6.3.0, my (UK) Virgin Media TV 360's voice control button on its remote control has stopped working. The symptoms are that a message appears on the TV as if I've let go of the button, but of course I haven't. I think it's at this point that it is trying to establish a network connection to VM's servers.
The Virgin box is connected to the gateway Eero via a switch, and I did have ad blocking, advanced security, content filtering and local DNS caching turned on. I've tried turning all of these off, but this didn't help.
I've tried swapping the network connection on the Virgin box from ethernet to the guest wifi, and - hey presto - voice control works again, so it must be something unique to the main network / ethernet. Any thoughts? It was working fine before 6.3.0 and I haven't made any changes to the switch.
I've also tried connecting to the main wifi now, and voice control isn't working there either. So it doesn't seem to be related to ethernet.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Easton99,

Hopefully the info from jimbo_I on the following thread helps with your eero system. 

TV-360/Voice-control-no-longer-working 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

This is my Reddit post copied verbatim.