cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 not working

Theyear2k
Tuning in

Hi All,

We got our virgin 360 tv with broadband and phone last year march but only just moved in to our house due to renovation work being carried out. The main box downstairs works but the additional box upstairs doesn't work.

I'm new to Virgin so not sure how it works if you ask for a technician to come out to fix the issue will they charge you? 

Very disappointed that I couldn't watch the additional 360 box in my room. 

Been paying virgin all this time to finally move in and for both boxes not working😩

I've checked all the connections and done the switch of and on again but no joy. 

I am also using a marmitek box to send the HDMI signal to our new bedroom which the virgin box is not in to watch it. 

I have this set up downstairs with no problem's due to our living room getting renovated and all the virgin stuff is in there so had to transfer the hdmi to the dining room, without the cables running through the house.

Please could you help us 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Just to make this clear for everyone, is the box that's not working a 360 main box or a mini box and has it ever worked, also is the white coax cable connected, you also need an internet connection either by ethernet cable or wifi for the box to work, not forgetting the hdmi cable to the TV.

If you have all these connection's when you say it's not woking what happens when you turn it on, do you get the welcome screen or any error code, it would help if you could give a bit more detail.

If the box that isn't working has never been connected before it may just need activating, the more information you can give the better.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Theyear2k 

Both boxes need to be connected to the white coaxial cable.

It's possible that because you've just moved in that the second box needs re-activating if it has a coaxial conection.

Set top boxes are usually deactivated if they haven't been used for around a month.

You may need to call the activation team to re-activate the box.

Try calling 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial numberor MAC address listed on the base of the box, and your account number

and area code.

If you need another coaxial  connection either call faults or  New accounts and Set Up (150 from a VM landline or mobile) for them to complete the setup and activation. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

Just to make this clear for everyone, is the box that's not working a 360 main box or a mini box and has it ever worked, also is the white coax cable connected, you also need an internet connection either by ethernet cable or wifi for the box to work, not forgetting the hdmi cable to the TV.

If you have all these connection's when you say it's not woking what happens when you turn it on, do you get the welcome screen or any error code, it would help if you could give a bit more detail.

If the box that isn't working has never been connected before it may just need activating, the more information you can give the better.

Hi Roy247,

Thanks for replying,

It's the Mini box that's not working. It was installed last year March but hasn't been tried again till now due to a major renovation which has only just finished. (It worked when the virgin technician installed it, he used his own mini monitor due to no tv being at the property)

The Main box is working perfectly. You maybe thinking why did we get it if we wasn't living in it. Well mainly for the wifi for our ring products.

The broadband via WiFi and coaxial cable is connected, the hdmi is also connected.

I am not getting anything from the mini box on my tv.

All it is saying is source not connected.

I've checked all connections and all seem to be connected properly.

I only thing I can think of is the virgin cable coming into the property.

Also do you get an additional remote for your mini box if so I think I might have misplaced it.

Is it also true that your main box remote won't work on our mini box?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Newapollo,

Thank you for replying.

I will give virgin a call to see if I can reactivate my mini box. Hopefully if it has deactivated then this will resolve the issue.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's something not right here....

@Theyear2k wrote:

All it is saying is source not connected.

I've checked all connections and all seem to be connected properly.

I only thing I can think of is the virgin cable coming into the property.

If the external cable was a problem, this would affect all TV boxes in your home, and you've mentioned the main box is ok - so that rules that out IMO.

"source not connected" sounds like a TV error indicating lack of video input on the relevant HDMI port - even if the minibox has an activation error, there would still be a video output albeit with a (VM-generated) error message.

Equally if there's an activation error, that would produce a video output with said error message.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Thyear2k, As japitts said the "source not connected" sounds more like a TV message, a quick test to see if the the mini box is working would be to swap it to where the main box working, if it works there you could then try the main box where the mini box was that would test any possible cable problems and also make sure the wifi connection is OK.

You should also have a remote for each box as you can only pair one 360 remote to each 360 box, you would have to unpair the remote from the main box to use it on the mini box. When everything is working you can download the TVGO app to your phone and use that as a remote.

Also if the mini box has booted up ok the light on the front should be a whitish colour same as the main box.

Hi All, 

Thank you all so much for your input Newapollo was right, I didn't realised that if you didn't use your box virgin would deactivate it which is news to me.

Just come off the phone to virgin who have reactivated my mini box. I had to switch it off for 10 minutes and when I turned it back on I had the welcome message come up.

Thanks again peeps for your help 😁🙌🏿👍🏾👊🏾🙏🏾

Hi Japitts,

Thank you for replying.

All sorted now.

Hi Theyear2K, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were having an issue with your mini box. 

I'm glad the Community were able to jump in and provide help whilst you were waiting for us to reach your thread. Even better, that the issue is now resolved. If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs