cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 box won’t record

Barney54
Joining in

When we press record it tells us it’s scheduling recordings but doesn’t actually record. We’ve tried the usual trick of switching it off and on again but all to no avail

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's your setup in terms of master & mini-boxes? And if you have any minis, is it those boxes you're trying to set the recordings on?

I ask because the minis don't have hard drives but rely on the master for recordings - so this is at least one variable that is best clarified.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. It’s just a main box, no minis

When you set a recording if you press Home, Saved, Recordings, does it show in your Planned recordings list ? If it does and fails then it usually shows in your Recorded list with a failed recording message. Are you setting the recordings for when the box is in standby ?

2 things to check, 1st one pause some live TV and then carry on watching without any problems and rewind and fast forward it to check your hard drive is ok. 2nd one is make sure your box is set to fast start or active start, Home, Settings, System, Standby power consumption. 

Thanks for the replies. We think we’ve cured it. How? I’m almost too embarrassed to say… It looks as though we had too many programmes recorded. After deleting some it seems to have cured the ‘problem’. Doh!