cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 box microstutter

mattjc7
Joining in

Since receiving our Virgin TV package we have issues with a micro stutter. It appears once or twice a minute and lasts for several seconds. It reminds me of when using the SkyGo app on PS4 where the PS4 couldn’t match the TV frame rate so it caused a correction stutter. 

Our TV is the Sony XH90 55”. Both Virgin box and TV have most up to date software. I’ve tried with the Virgin match frame rate setting both on and off but the issue persists. I’ve also tried with the TV motion settings both on and off. 

The issue is not present when watching content via other means. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mattjc7
Joining in

Thanks for all the responses. 
I discovered the issue was Film Mode in the TV settings. Putting this to off solved the issue. Thanks, Matt

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which SW is your VM box running on?

Is this problem on live TV? If so, any specific channel(s)? Or OnDemand? Streaming?

Have you eliminated the HDMI lead & TV port by using other ones?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

If this is on live TV on all channels then it's possibly a signal level problem or a faulty box.

I assume it's also happening on recordings.

I always think this sounds very condescending but have you checked your coax connections are good, since you have just received the 360 was it a Virgin install or a self install.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @mattjc7 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your TV360. 

As mentioned by japitts, could you confirm if this is happening on live TV? Do you have more than one 360 box? If so could you confirm if this effects both boxes.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

mattjc7
Joining in

Thanks for all the responses. 
I discovered the issue was Film Mode in the TV settings. Putting this to off solved the issue. Thanks, Matt