cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 and mini coax cabling

vsurresh
On our wavelength

Hello.

I finally decided to go with the Ultimate Oomph TV package. Could someone please clarify how the cabling works? We have the Virgin Engineer visit next month to set up everything. I'm planning to run the coax cabling in advance behind the walls. 

We are currently refurbishing the house and running the ethernet cables throughout the house. The sales rep on the phone mentioned that the 360 main box and the mini box uses coaxial cable.

Does Virgin uses the standard coax cable? If yes, I can run the cable while we are doing the building work.  I remember reading somewhere that Virgin uses non-standard coax cable which can only be installed by the engineer. Is this the case?

How do they connect to each other? My understanding is that the 360 main box directly connects to the Virgin media socket on the wall as shown below. So, what about the mini box? Where does it connect to? Does it connect to the main box or to the wall socket?

virgin-media.PNG

Thanks in advance guys.

23 REPLIES 23

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's not the Ultimate Oomph bundle as the OP doesn't mention Sky Movies.

It sounds like the  /bigger-oomph-bundle-sports with an extra discount, and Sky Sports in SD

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Nope. I'm getting 600Mb/s, Unlimited SIM, HD SkySports, 4K BT Sport, Unlimited calls from landline and Sky Cinema. The contract says the price will go to £139 after 18 months.

Snippet from the contract
---------------------------------

Key financial information
You bought: Ultimate Oomph bundle

Cheers

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's a brilliant price. Well done.

Best of luck in your new home and hope you soon settle in 🙂

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paul621
On our wavelength

At the end of every contract I ring retentions and give my 30 days notice. I was paying£ 89 with a hundred pound credit fr [call it £80] per month. I said I needed it matching but they said best was £99 or a lesser package with no sim or extra box and 200 speed for £73. I said cancel me please. 2 weeks later got a call asking how much do I want to pay, l said match the new customer price and I will contract for 18 months [£79] the guy said OK. If I hadn't have got a call I would have rung back as I left once and sky wasn't for me. It isn't always this straightforward, last year I was cut off for a couple of days but got a deal I was happy with. For years I never bothered and was paying silly money. 

Ps. Always keep it pleasant.