cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 added to existing Gigabit broadband.

paul1276
On our wavelength

Hi,

I am adding the Virgin TV service to my existing Virgin broadband. Virgin are sending the 360 box for home install. Does anyone know if it will come with a splitter and appropriate cables to connect both my Hub 4 and the 360 box to my one and only wall socket?
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paulina,

The TV360 QuickStart install package is scheduled for delivery on 25th November. At present I have Gigabit broadband with Virgin and the Hub 4 is connected to the one and only Virgin Cable socket. So there is no socket to which I can attach the TV360 box. The last time I had Virgin TV a splitter and it’s appropriate cables was installed by the engineer. I returned the splitter with the TV box when I dropped the TV service 3 years ago. I therefore either need a splitter and cables or the one gang Virgin wall socket to be changed to a 2 gang. Please advise the best way to proceed. Thanks.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like you'll need a manned engineer installation.

The 360 will come with the co-ax flylead to connect to your existing co-ax cable, but in your case it sounds like that's already in use.

To split what sounds like one co-ax connection into the two you'll need is an engineer job and can't be done via self-serve Quick Start.

You can either wait on here for staff to pickup (this may take a few days) or call in on the usual 150/0345 4541111 number - depending how urgent this is.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @paul1276,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with the install of your TV360 box. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance with your Quickstart install, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to help arrange a Manned Install for your services.

Keep us updated and let us know if you need our assistance.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

The TV360 QuickStart install package is scheduled for delivery on 25th November. At present I have Gigabit broadband with Virgin and the Hub 4 is connected to the one and only Virgin Cable socket. So there is no socket to which I can attach the TV360 box. The last time I had Virgin TV a splitter and it’s appropriate cables was installed by the engineer. I returned the splitter with the TV box when I dropped the TV service 3 years ago. I therefore either need a splitter and cables or the one gang Virgin wall socket to be changed to a 2 gang. Please advise the best way to proceed. Thanks.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @paul1276

In this case, we will need to change the QuickStart order to a manned install.

I'm going to send you a PM for more details so we can arrange this for you at a date/time that suits you. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

paul1276
On our wavelength

Everything is now installed and working well. Just to say thank you to everyone. The help on this forum is much appreciated.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @paul1276,

Thank you for the update on this, I am glad to see it is working for you.

I hope you have a nice day 🙂

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide