cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 - Mini box connection - Wrongly sold package?

caseyref
Joining in

Hi all, 

I've been with Virgin for broadband for 16 years, but for the last few years moved the TV to Sky Q due to better prices and newer tech. I decided to come back to Virgin last week thanks to the promise of better tech and a good retention price. 

I've received my install kit today and have installed the 360 box with no issue. But when I've gone to install my mini box I have the error CS2004 - The TV guide works and can stream but no live channels. 

My best guess is that I need a Virgin cable connection into the box, which I don't have - can someone confirm if I need a wire?

The reason I ask is I was sold on the idea of multi-room after the retention person told me that the mini box is wireless and receives the signal from the main 360 box (similar to what I have on Sky Q and Sky Q mini box).

No one at Virgin TV technical support tonight will confirm if I need a cable or if the mini receives a signal from the main box and instead just want to book an engineer.

I really don't want anymore cables trailing around the house so am really unhappy if I need a cable around the house. 

Can someone advise how the box works? - If I need a wire I'm not going to be too happy =/

Thanks in advance! 

10 REPLIES 10

h-kidd
Tuning in

Yep, the 360 mini box needs a coax cable to receive live TV. 

I was also under the impression that it was completely wireless:

1. Because they don’t state anywhere that it needs its own coax connection 

2. In the age of Sky Q you really don’t expect it to need its own connection 

If you ask me, it looks like VM probably try to hide the fact that it needs its own cable, even some of their support/sales reps don’t even seem to know that it does.