cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Netflix app Sonos black screen then no sound

JP77
Tuning in

Hi,

I have the 360 box connected to my tv (Panasonic) and Sonos beam (with two play1s) connected to hdmi arc. The tv sound works fine with dolby digital on the channels/shows that support it. However when I use Virgins Netflix app through the menu the screen goes black like you've changed the hdmi then the info top left pops up like HDMI 1 16:9 DD but then no sound comes out. The only solution is to unplug the hdmi from Sonos and back in. Also if I exit the Netflix app then my tv sound doesn't work either unless I turn dolby off then back on (always convert and follow make no difference to the issue). This exact setup worked perfectly when I previously had BT and it works fine for my firestick and PS5 apps and sound work fine with my Sonos. The only change Ive made to my setup is Virgin. I really cannot see any fix for this Ive played with all settings through Netflix, sonos and the tv. Any help or even anyone else experiencing these issues would be much welcome, thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Stanl
Dialled in

I Have exactly the same problem and it’s really annoying.

I have to turn everything off and back on again and even then it is temperamental 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Stanl

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Do you experience this issue across any other apps or channels at all?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs