cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Box UX

Kyias
Tuning in

So we thought we would give Virgin another go, they offer the best broadband speeds for us locally and with my work as a software engineer I have recently struggled on SKY's terrible 30MB. 

The engineer was so very excited about how amazing the new box is when installing it, but I have to say I have never seen such a terrible UX from a set top box in all my life. Virgin seem to invest £0 into their users experience. 

I honestly believe s 12 year old secondary school child could do a better job of designing a user experience, hell, my Dachshund probably could. 

In what world do you Virgin believe that the user experience of your new boxes is acceptable. They are slow, laggy and you make absolutely no use of the screen space you have. 

Just look at the way other reputable companies lay out their platforms, In fact, look at how Netflix and other apps on your platform lay out their UX. They are market leaders, maybe you should learn from them. 

Also, your colours are so droll, so :vom: - I turn on the Virgin box and immediately feel "ugh" like someone has just smeared my Childs nappy all over the screen. 

I mean not to upset the UX designer who put the mocks together for your engineers to implement this stain of an interface, but, the team who collectively said "YES We've got it, this UX/UI is amazing, we're going to captivate our audience and blow our competitors out of the water" all need firing. 

Such a shame, as we are now debating our 14 day cancelation to go back to Sky / Fire Sticks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I’m not sure you really will feed this back. I’ve seen feedback like this for years about your platform. 

To be honest it love to get in a room with your UX designers and decision makers and actually try to help constructively. 

we left virgin the last time for this reason and years later no improvement. 

also your support lines are insulting. You farm your support abroad to support staff I willing to care. Yet sales and retentions are U.K. based. 

the only way I got to speak with someone was calling sales and demanding for retentions. Ironically I got through instantly, but via your standard call system I was on hold for over an hour. 

please do by all means reach out. 

One last thing, since joining Virgin I’ve received 4 scam calls making out to be Virgin. My friends you have a hole in your systems somewhere leaking names and numbers. It’s not coincidence. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jamesredfern
Superfast

I thought the same when switching from SKY, but I guess I've got used to it now (in terms of design and colours).  A theming option outside of the high contrast setting would be good addition.  In terms of box performance, id have to agree.  The box feels as though its being pushed to its limits.  Scrolling is far from smooth and is very clunky in apps such as Netflix and Amazon Prime.  One of the main shortcomings is the lack of Netflix integration into the UI and search.  I understand that this is a restriction from Netflix, but if this box is being marketed as an all in one media solution Netflix integration is a must, otherwise its just as quick to fire up a smoother external device such as a firestick or nvidia shield to get a better experience,

It's nice to know I am not alone. 

The support also... Don't get me started on the support. I had the WhatsApp Bot ask me for my name about 5 times, I nearly took our my frustrations on my phone. 

Customer Experiencer is bottom of the pile for Virgin Media it would seem, what makes it worse is.. They don't seem to care. 

I spent 20 minutes on hold trying to cancel earlier, It's like they make it impossible to leave and people just give up 😄 

I am not sure I can live with the performance of the Box and the UX, it's genuinely dreadful. Sky is so smooth, fast and nice to use. You are right, it does feel like the box is being pushed to it's limits. 

I don't think its too bad other than the colour and the unused space here (red highlight)  and the fact that the 'Live TV' banner (circled in blue) doesn't even tell you which channel number you are currently viewing (which is helpful when you're scrolling through the channels and can't remember which channel you're currently viewing!!)  :

deans6571_0-1642431489325.png

They should add the channel number in the small tv box in the bottom right, like it showed on TiVo :

deans6571_0-1642431867973.png

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kyias, thanks for your tweet although I'm really sorry you're dissatisfied with the performance of TV360.

I will feed back your comments, as we do value customer's views on the services which you use.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're debating actioning your 14-day right to cancel too, but please let me know if there's anything further I can do to help you further.

Regards

Tom_W

I’m not sure you really will feed this back. I’ve seen feedback like this for years about your platform. 

To be honest it love to get in a room with your UX designers and decision makers and actually try to help constructively. 

we left virgin the last time for this reason and years later no improvement. 

also your support lines are insulting. You farm your support abroad to support staff I willing to care. Yet sales and retentions are U.K. based. 

the only way I got to speak with someone was calling sales and demanding for retentions. Ironically I got through instantly, but via your standard call system I was on hold for over an hour. 

please do by all means reach out. 

One last thing, since joining Virgin I’ve received 4 scam calls making out to be Virgin. My friends you have a hole in your systems somewhere leaking names and numbers. It’s not coincidence.