Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360

TonyM
Fibre optic

Question For Virgin media 

Hi I have up graded my V6 boxes to 360

and overall happy apart from the odd issues that I hope will be addressed in future Upgrades.

But the one that is annoying me at the moment is the is that the new remotes cannot be programmed to  control TV power and volume as it could with all previous incarnations ie Scientific Atlantica, Tivo and then V6 Boxes.

So now I am back to having to use 3 remotes!!!

360, TV and Av amp

is this to be addressed any time soon?

Oomph 1Gb + V 6 x 2 (360) + O2 Mobile is Pants
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@keithse wrote:

@BlueLou wrote:

Hey Tony

The new remote should be able to program your TV and amp, it would normally do so automatically. 

You will need to go into the settings and select "Pair Remote to Devices" to set it up

So BlueLou, does that pairing rely on HDMI CEC to control the TV, Amp, Soundbar etc.?

What if the device (e.g. Soundbar) is connected to the TV via an optical cable or the TV/device doesn't support CEC?  Can the remote be programmed to send the right IR signals as the V6/TiVo remotes could be?  If so, what is the code list or method of programming?

(I don't have the 360 yet, but am wondering about this for other current users and for me when my two V6's inevitably update to 360).

Keith

360 uses the CEC connection control on / off on your TV if you have 'one power' enabled.

However for volume control the remote is programmed for IR commands using the HDMI connection to identify what TV you have. IR is also used for the separate TV power button on the remote

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Hey Tony

The new remote should be able to program your TV and amp, it would normally do so automatically. 

You will need to go into the settings and select "Pair Remote to Devices" to set it up

TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic

The new remote does control power on the TV, do you have the one power option turned on in settings. When I turn on my virgin box either by the remote or by the power on the box it turns on the box my TV and my sound bar and also turns it all off.

roy247
Community elder

@BlueLou wrote:

Hey Tony

So BlueLou, does that pairing rely on HDMI CEC to control the TV, Amp, Soundbar etc.?

What if the device (e.g. Soundbar) is connected to the TV via an optical cable or the TV/device doesn't support CEC?  Can the remote be programmed to send the right IR signals as the V6/TiVo remotes could be?  If so, what is the code list or method of programming?

(I don't have the 360 yet, but am wondering about this for other current users and for me when my two V6's inevitably update to 360).

Keith

It Does use  HDMI CEC to control the TV, Amp and Soundbar but i also believe you can still manually set it up

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TiffanyGreen97 wrote:

It Does use  HDMI CEC to control the TV, Amp and Soundbar but i also believe you can still manually set it up

You can type in the name of your soundbar during set up

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@keithse wrote:

@BlueLou wrote:

Hey Tony

Keith

360 uses the CEC connection control on / off on your TV if you have 'one power' enabled.

However for volume control the remote is programmed for IR commands using the HDMI connection to identify what TV you have. IR is also used for the separate TV power button on the remote

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Yesterday That option was not in the audio  options!!

It is there now!!

after box reboot also router reboot

now done so ty to all

Oomph 1Gb + V 6 x 2 (360) + O2 Mobile is Pants

I thought I was going mad when I couldn't see the option in Audio/Video options! Must have been an update of some sort.