cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 upgrade

rachielu33
Tuning in

Good morning, 

I have received the controllers today for me to upgrade to Virgin 360 and tried to upgrade but after a while it encountered a problem and is displaying error MA1/4/40 and to please come back and try again later. I have since tried tried again later and still getting the same message. Can anyone please help advise me on this issue?

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @rachielu33 

Error MA1/4/40  is often due to a migration issue.

A few other people with this error have managed to perform the update by either removing the box from the mains for five minues and trying again, or by deleting recordings to make more space and then trying again.

You could also try turning off the V6 at switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time.

Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and fingers crossed it will reset and boot up normally, and then hopefully install the 360 software update.

If that doesn't work it's probably a settings issue at the VM end. The software upgrade has been started but the billing system doesn’t know which account to tie your equipment to activate the box. 

The Faults team may be able to fix this, if not they will escalate it to 2nd level support to fix it over the phone by sending a new update signal.

If that also fails it will need an engineer visit to change the box

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @rachielu33

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced these issues with your new update and a big thank you to newapollo for their help and advise so far. 

Have you been able to try what was recommended? How are things looking now? 

Ive just had an engineer out to upgrade my v6 to 360. He pressed the + button and power button (both on front of box), held them for quite some time, a downloading icon popped up, according to him, this forces an upgrade. Just a few things, it might have been the - button, but I'm pretty sure it was +. I asked why customer service didn't advise me to do this, he said "its an engineering thing not a customer service thing". Hope this helps.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Geoblackpool 

I suggested doing that on Wednesday, but pleased you've had a tech come out and perform the update.

if you do have any further issues just shout on the forums and we'll do our best to help.

In the meantime <<< this page >>>  may be handy in getting used to the 360

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

rachielu33
Tuning in

Hi, sorry been busy a bit. I tried all of that but to no avail. I rang Virgin media itself the same day and they did something their end which also didn't work so it's now been passed on to the 2nd level support there and have to wait for up to 5 working days so at the minute I'm at a standstill. I will let you all know what happens from that.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rachielu33

Thanks for your response

Please do keep us updated with how you get on and we'll investigate further if needs be

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good evening,

It has now been just over 5 working days (Wednesday last week) since I contacted Virgin Media by phone and it was passed on to 2nd level support (or whatever it is called) and no contact from them and still can't upgrade unfortunately.

Hi @rachielu33 

I have taken a look at things from our side and this should now be resolved for you.

If its not, please reboot the set top box and let us know if the set up is then complete.

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Good morning,

We finally managed last night to get it to upgrade so we now have the 360 up and running. Just now to get used to how this one works.