cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 sucks

chrisqueensbury
On our wavelength

Having upgraded to virgin 360 in April I am finding it much worse than the V6 box. The things that really annoy me are:

Useless suggestions

With the V6 box it would record a large number of things for you as suggestions. The 360 Gives a couple of suggestions under "box sets and movies", usually which you would have to pay to watch.

No means of reviewing what's recorded 

with the V6 box you could always see exactly what was recorded, and of you decide you don't want a show after all easily unsubscribe. This is more difficult in the 360 box. If it appears under saved you can do it, but things seem to randomly appear and disappear from the saved.

No way to reliably subscribe to a show in an app 

Not all Netflix shows and iPlayer shows appear, you might know that a show or an episode is there but have to go into the app to see it.

Overall I find I am spending more time in apps. I think that as I no longer get recommendations for virgin shows (apart from a couple of paid options) I will unsubscribe once the lock-in period ends. Having to go into each app gives no advantage over a Chromecast with TV, firestick, Roku, or smart TV, and it's a lot to pay each month for a service that is much worse than the old one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ramaiya2
On our wavelength

360 is rubbish, how virgin call this an upgrade is beyond me. Thanks to 360 no one used Virgin anymore and go directly to Netflix

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

ramaiya2
On our wavelength

360 is rubbish, how virgin call this an upgrade is beyond me. Thanks to 360 no one used Virgin anymore and go directly to Netflix

Absolutely agree. Since the upgrade I've been paying £85 a month and could have got the same with internet only and a free service with a Chromecast.

Hi @chrisqueensbury

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with some features of 360, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I'll pass your feedback onto the relevant teams to help us improve. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I agree. I'm somewhat regretting not taking SKY up on their SKY Q offer. I find the picture quality a lot worse than SKY HD on nearly all channels. Are VM throttled in terns of bit rate? The box feels unfinished. For example turn to SKY Movies (any) then click the guide button. How to get back to the top? I'm currently pressing 1 on the remote but seems counterintuitive when selecting "All Channejs" seems to do nothing. Recording a series link is far too complicated  why should I need to go into the advanced settings to tell the box  I want from this series onwards? That should be the default in my opinion. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Using voice control you can say "back to the top" or "top" and it goes to 100, or you can say "101", "501" , or "BBC1" "Channel 4" etc

When searching on the EPG press the Home button, then right and it takes you to the top of the guide with All Channels highlighted.

If you then click on All Channels it brings up a category list Documentaries, Entertainment, International, Kids etc so you can go straight to that section.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

Using voice control you can say "back to the top" or "top" and it goes to 100, or you can say "101", "501" , or "BBC1" "Channel 4" etc

When searching on the EPG press the Home button, then right and it takes you to the top of the guide with All Channels highlighted.

If you then click on All Channels it brings up a category list Documentaries, Entertainment, International, Kids etc so you can go straight to that section.

What if the user doesn't want to use voice controls though?  Is there no way of fully navigating around the 360?

Hi @NinjaMeerkat,

You don't have to use voice controls if you don't want to, but the functionality is there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have to agree.

We were told it had all the features of V6, but 'better'.

Well, I have to strongly disagree.

It is a massive dumbing down of the V6 software.

1. There is no delete recovery.

2. There is no manual time recording facility

3. It records everything on a series, re-runs, repeats, different channels, etc.

4. You can no longer see when something was originally shown (ok a small issue).

When I originally was requested feedback I had 6 issues, but I never had any response from Virgin Media to my feedback (unsurprisingly).

Today,  I was told by two advisers that I could revert to V6, but was passed by each to another department only (after re-repeating my issues) that I cannot revert.

Basically, I feel Virgin are conning customers into accepting an inferior product as an upgrade. As I was on the verge of leaving VM after decades as a Cabletel/NTL/Virgin Media customer and only persuaded to stay because of this fantastic improvement I feel that they've taken me as fool and treated me with contempt.

To say I'm unhappy is an understatement in the extreme.

People on this thread really ought to have researched the product BEFORE updating and then coming on here to complain 🙄

Its WELL DOCUMENTED on these forums what the 360 can and cannot do - you only have yourselves to blame…..

And - for the record, Point 3 above is incorrect, the 360 certainly does NOT record everything on every channel unless you tell it to (mine certainly doesn’t ). How about you actually research on how to set this up properly? Now there’s a thought……