cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 signal levels

ashscrivens1
Dialled in

Hi,

Any chance someone from Virgin could check my signal levels. I’ve had broadband for nearly a year and has been solid never had issues.

I have recently added tv and in the settings it advises my signal quality is “GOOD” is this the highest?

I am finding some channels even HD ones to be a tad poor quality, Comedy Central HD for example looks like it’s struggling and looks much sharper streaming on now tv. I would expect Virgin to better or at least as good but I’m a little disappointed.

SD channels are horrific, worse than Freeview! Sky Sports mix is so bad you can’t even read onscreen graphics.

8F9B4862-5842-4417-A283-68D089F98A89.jpeg

6FE5CE8E-6397-497C-9BD4-DCDDC4C70337.jpeg

20 REPLIES 20

Yes it’s currently set to automatic.

I have noticed poor quality on various of HD channels it’s not just a select few as it seems, most noticeable when there’s fast movement.

Switching over to the same channel via Now TV using a fire tv stick the same channel is pin sharp, Virgin is like watching a poor non HD internet stream.

This might seem daft but it shows the difference these 2 photos are of the Comedy Central logo from the Virgin box, as you can see it’s rather distorted for a 1080p feed.

096C1399-6B11-44DF-90DC-AF0786FE4539.jpeg

F2B153BA-21E6-4A49-9182-28BD60E5E6AF.jpeg

this is the same channel, same programme from a now tv hd feed

56760DE1-498B-4797-8B7A-81B113750316.jpeg

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @ashscrivens1 

I have taken a look over the account,  I have been able to identify that your input power levels are out of spec, they are going to need an engineer to put these right, I have taken the opportunity to book this for you,  your able to view the time and date via your online account. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak,

I have checked my online account and no appointments are showing, the virgin app does show an appointment but with no date?

ashscrivens1_0-1619436983466.png

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It might take a few hours to update on there. 

Any issues then let me know and I will PM you with the time and date. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I’ve had a text come through regarding the appointment but unfortunately I am not going be available due to work.

Could you see if 4th May is available?

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ashscrivens1

Are you able to see it on your appointment list now as the text has come through? If not we can have a look for you but also the text sometimes will allow you to cancel this booking. 

Please do let me know 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have cancelled via text.

As the TV service works and is watchable its just issues with signal levels and quality it’s not majorly urgent.

So I’ll get back in touch when I have more spare time to home, I’m sure your engineers have more important repair jobs currently also 😊

Thanks for your help 

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Afternoon @Ashcrivens1, 

That's okay thank you for letting us know and very thoughtful of you. 

If you do have any major issues let us know ASAP and we are more than happy to take a look into this for you and rearrange another engineer. 

Have a fab day today and enjoy the sunshine 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello,

Any chance you could arrange this engineer visit for this coming Monday as I am home all day.

The TV still keeps having its moments where the signal drops out and the picture breaks up and is becoming more frequent, it now shows as "Fair" and recommends I contact virgin in the settings.

Thanks
Ash