cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 remote stopped working

Welshdan
Tuning in

Had 360 box for 2 days after finally getting activation sorted.

now 48hours later remote works tv but not box.

any ideas if there are certain key presses to reset remote connection?

14 REPLIES 14

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Welshdan,

To pair the 360 remote hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.
If the remote appears to have stopped working make sure the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

cle
Tuning in

TiVo 360 remote stopped working after a few days. Works with TV but not TiVo. Tried turning off and on, pairing again, but still not working 

Press the 0 and TV buttons until the standby button flashes to pair the remote agian. 

Instructions from Ziggo website (same boxes and remotes):

"Make sure you are near the media box. Pair the remote control with the media box by pressing and holding the TV button and the NUMBER 0 button simultaneously for 10 seconds. If the pairing is successful, the light on the box flashes once and a message appears on the screen."

Set your box's power mode to fast start which should stop the remote from losing its pairing:

Home>Settings (cog)>System>Standby Power Consumption > Fast Start

or  Press and Hold the mic symbol and say "Settings" then use the arrows and OK button to navigate as above. (System>Standby Power Consumption >Fast Start)

Noticed you'd tried pairing again already - try removing the batteries from the remote and re-inserting and re-doing the pairing.  If that works you can also try resetting your 360 (System >Factory Reset). You won't lose any settings etc. but it should re-pair the remote properly.

I would also try replacing the batteries in the remote.  The ones that come with it lasted about two months for me, the system wouldn't allow me to pair the remote until I had done that

Hi @cle,

Welcome back to our forums. 

Sorry to hear about your remote. Is the issue still ongoing? Have you tried the great advice given by @paul0363 and @alangillman?

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the advice, it worked when all else failed. 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Welcome to the forums @gillkatian64, glad to hear this has worked.

Drop back if you have any future issues 🙂 

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

How can you say "settings" if the remote isn't working?

These are only my views; I've given them to try and assist but if anyone finds fault with my posting then please let me know.

Please excuse misspellings and anything which may not make sense or offend as the medication I take can sometimes have an adverse effect on me.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)
Ultimate Volt: ACTIVE
TV: Maxit TV
Broadband: Volt V650 Fibre Broadband
Phone: Talk More Anytime
Mobile: O2 Unlimited

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @adelphiaUK 

You could try using the remote control function on the TV GO app.

Open the app and sign in then on the apps home screen there are 3 symbols at the top, click on the middle one (TV screen and remote)

This should connect to your 360, or if you have more than pne offer the choice of which one you want to connect to.

On  the next screen are two icons, Play and a Remote control, click on the remote, then click on menu.

The main menu should then appear on your TV so you can use the navigation wheel on the app to move across to Settings and the continue making your selections

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali