cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 remote no longer controlling TV volume or on/off

SJT9
Tuning in

Hi,

My Virgin TV 360 remote has always controlled the volume on my TV and let me turn the TV on and off. 

A message popped up today asking me to change the batteries in the remote. I done that, however since then the remote no longer controls the TV. I can’t turn the volume up or down, or turn the TV on or off, all of which I was able to do before I changed the batteries. The remote is just working with the Virgin box. 

Can someone please advise how I get this working again? 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to go to:

Home > Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi SJT9,

It sounds like the remote has been reset.

This can happen when removing the batteries and putting them back in  

Also pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote. 

If the remote appears to have stopped working make sure the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start

To pair the 360 remote hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

If you need to pair the TV 360 remote with the TV to control volume, source or power

Press Home > Settings > Pair remote with devices ? Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali