cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 remote doesn't work in apps

Gordybarr
Joining in

I've recently upgraded to Virgin TV 360 and have successfully paired the 360 remote to my virgin box. However, when I go into an app eg. Netflix, ITV X, the 360 remote doesn't work and I have to revert to the old virgin TV remote. Am I missing something in setting up the 360 remote or is this a known fault?

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

No extra settings for the remote and apps it should work and is not a problem I have seen reported before.

Have you tried factory resetting the remote and repairing.

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote.

After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

If that doesn't work you could try a factory reset of the 360.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choosing Keep Recordings, means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Hi Roy247

Thanks for your reply. I've tried the 360 remote factory reset and repairing but it didn't work. Not had a go at factory resetting the 360 yet. I'll give it a go and report back if it works.

Update:

Tried TV 360 factory reset. Still can't use the 360 remote in any apps. 

If your old V6 remote works and the 360 remote doesn't work with the apps then that would suggest that the remote is faulty if factory resetting the remote and 360 hasn't cured the problem. Would be interesting to see if the TVGO app works with the apps. If your TV has a smart remote you might be able to pair that to the 360 box as well. My LG smart remote is paired to the 360 using Ziggo Set-Top box. You might need Ziggo Mediabox Next depending on your TV.

The quickest way to get a new remote is to call 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait for a member of the forum team to pick this up which could be 2 to 3 day's.

I think the issue is with my Samsung Q90R tv. I've tried another 360 remote and that is exactly the same as the other.

The 360 remote brings up the smart menu OK but after I select something other than virgin tv service eg. Apps, settings menu, it stops working. I've looked if there's any settings on the tv I can change but there is none I can see. All I can think now is the 360 remote doesn't work with my tv fully.

Just to clarify things are you watching the apps through the 360 or your TV. The 360 remote will work with the apps on the 360 but it won't work with the apps on the TV, It's limited to the volume, power, and source of the TV, if it does do anything else it's a bonus. Your original message didn't say anything about the TV apps.

Thanks for confirming what I thought. Apologies if my original message was not detailed enough.

Hi Gordybarr,

No problem. Guess you will just have to use the TV's remote.