cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 power and volume

Allannicholles
Joining in

Just replaced LG TV with Toshiba. 360 remote previously handled volume up/down and power on/off but not now. Have reset using TV/0 and remote is paired but still won't handle volume or power. Any ideas anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Allannicholles 

Did you factory reset the 360 remote before pairing it with your Toshiba by pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds?

After doing that you should pair the 360 remote hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

Also check that Settings > Audio & Video > Volume Keys Control is set to Toshiba and not still showing LG,

If you press OK on the 360 remote it may switch between the two, if that's the case just press the back button on the 360 remote when the screen shows Toshiba.

Make sure that One power is still enabled on the 360  and that you also have HDMI-CEC enabled on the new Toshiba TV - It might be called CE-Link or Regza Link on your TV.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Allannicholles 

Did you factory reset the 360 remote before pairing it with your Toshiba by pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds?

After doing that you should pair the 360 remote hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

Also check that Settings > Audio & Video > Volume Keys Control is set to Toshiba and not still showing LG,

If you press OK on the 360 remote it may switch between the two, if that's the case just press the back button on the 360 remote when the screen shows Toshiba.

Make sure that One power is still enabled on the 360  and that you also have HDMI-CEC enabled on the new Toshiba TV - It might be called CE-Link or Regza Link on your TV.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your help. Problem was solved by rebooting 360 box. Just a comment though - settings/audio doesn't on my box have any volume option. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Allannicholles 

I'm not sure why that's the case. My 360 is on build version 4.43.

Screen shot of  my 360's audio and video settings below

audio and video settings.jpg

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi Allanniicholles,

I think I am correct in saying you only get the Volume keys control option when you have paired a soundbar or another A/V device to the 360.