cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 new connection problems

Ditto65
Tuning in

virgin 360 not displaying correctly & no sound when connected to my AV amplifier.

Only clicked on the button on Friday and all the settings have gone to pot.... no HD, no 4K, no sound, and the picture format defaults to 4.3 every time we switch the TV on.

We had no problems with the box before we switched to 360.

I have swapped HDMI cables around to check those too but the same results occur.

Is there a chance we can have our old system back, please?

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I will leave the screen issues to the V360 users on this board, as I have not migrated.

However, migration to 360 Horizon is a one way process & is completely (at the moment) voluntary.

Support for TiVO will end in the forseeable future so we will all end up on Horizon anyway soon.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ditto65 

I see you have swapped HDMI cables around, but have you tried a different HDMI Port?

Is the 360 connected directly to the mains or are you using a splitter?

The same question with your AV amplifier, also is your AV amplifier connected via HDMI, eArc or optical cable? Is the AV amp connected directly from the 360 to your TV, or directly to the 360?

To set up the AV amplifier you need to go to Home > Settings > Audio & Visual > Pair Remote With Devices. and follow the onscreen instructions.

You also say, "The picture format defaults to 4.3 every time we switch the TV on." - is that the actual picture on the TV itself via terrsetrial TV or only via the 360's HDMI connection?

Have you tried factory resetting the 360 box?

To factory reset go to Settings > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi ... 

No splitter is being used, I have tried different HDMI ports (all cables are 4k ready)

Cables are (were) connected to the ARC (eARC) port... all worked perfectly with the TiVo software

Yes... If I keep the TV connected via ARC then the Virgin feed returns to a 4:3 format and a resolution of 480 (I think)

I have a 4k Firestick that is also connected and this works perfectly as does the TV's native streaming apps (Youtube, Prime, Netflix etc)

I have no terrestrial (or digital apart from Virgin and a Firestick) connection to my TV at all

I haven't reset the box but this looks like the option or just getting shut of Virgin ....

I have read quite a few topics on this matter since I posted and I have to wonder why it was released with so many bugs/faults/no reset.....

Hi Ditto65,

Thanks for using the forums to get your 360 TV sound and display issue looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I can see you've already been given some extensive help and advice from our Super Users, has any of their advice helped at all?

I was about to do a health check on your TV box on my side, however it seems it is off at the moment. Could you please come back to us so we can take a look into the diagnostics please?

Thanks,

Megan_L