cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 - missing upgrade option

Tee69
Joining in

Auto upgrade button hasn’t appeared try to speak to someone online and they can’t help me at all as usual lots of promises nothing happening anybody can give me some advice how to get this without having to speak to one of the auto bots please oh and by the way you do have to pay £24.95 Unless you agree to a new contract which I’m not gonna do that because these guys are becoming a bit of a nightmare

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by the "auto upgrade button"?

Have you requested a migration to 360, and are waiting for the menu icon to appear on your V6? Or wanting to request a conversion?

If the former - have you received your new remotes yet? You can't begin the process until you have.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tee69
Joining in

Still not received the upgrade, or the option to upgrade. 
Any tips anyone? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tee69 

Rather than starting a new post elsewhere on the forum with the same query, can you clarify the questions you were asked previously?

That will help anyone who wants to advise on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Auto upgrade button - which my instructions and you tube suggest should appear. 

this is pretty much the same question, yes I am waiting for the upgrade. At this stage I’d be happy with the automatic 5 day upgrade to happen, but as this is two days overdue I don’t this this will happen either. 

Of course I have received my new remotes, I can follow instructions quite well. 

Also to clarify - I also do not have the ‘upgrade to 360’ in my apps either. If I sound frustrated, I truly am - seems that sit in line with my poor internet at the moment. 
If it’s as simple as Virgin are struggling to send the settings, it would be good if they could just email me and let me know. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tee69,

Welcome back to our Community Forum. Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with upgrading to the TV360 box.

In order to have the 360 option visible, we would have to process the upgrade on our system. As we cannot process any upgrades on this system you will have to get in touch on 150 from any Virgin Media phone or on 03454541111 from any other phone.

If you have already been in touch about a V6 to 360 migration and it has not gone through, our team will be more than happy to look into this for you when you call in. Apologies for any confusion caused. 

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your great advice they now have managed to completely break my virgin box because they have said down the settings but they’ve only managed to do it partially the next appointment is not until next Monday do I presume that I get a discount on my virgin as I don’t really have it for the week

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Tee69.

I am sorry to see that this has not been completed yet, please do let us know how it goes after your next appointment.

We would run an 'Auto-compensation' on the system, but if the TV box is working we would not usually compensate as it is usually for when it is completely out of service.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

What is the best way to find out how long is in my contract please