cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 missing box?

VTgrav65
Joining in

Until recently I had a Tivo box together with an additional V6 box. but upgraded to Ultimate Volt bundle.

I received 2 new 360 boxes plus the new Hub 4.

According to my agreement I should have received : Maxit TV: Virgin TV 360 box; Additional box; Virgin TV 360 Mini box

I have on 3 occasions requested where the "Mini box" is but have still not received an explanation about the missing box

Additional I could not return the V6 box as the plastic envelope supplied  is too small

Can someone please sort this out for me

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Based on all the above you don't have any missing TV box. You have been sent the correct two boxes you get as part of the Ultimate Volt bundle.

The model 100br-hdd-vm is the one you should put in the room you use the most and then the other one in the other room.

As for returning the other boxes you can see which kit Virgin Media want back here  (although for some reason it's missing the 360 boxes) https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Ultimate Volt bundle comes with two boxes.

As you already had a V6 then that should have been upgraded to 360 without swapping the physical box and become your main box with the HDD drive in. The upgraded box would work in exactly the same way as any other 360 HDD box.

The TiVo box should have been replaced by a box half the height of the V6/360 HDD box which is a 360 Mini box which doesn't have a hard drive in.

So the delivery should have come with 2 x 360 remotes (one for your existing V6 hardware and one for the new Mini box), 1 x Mini Box and 1 x Hub 4.

What exactly did you get when your new hardware arrived?

I received the 2 "360" boxes and 2 new remotes.

I still have the V6 box, but no power cable as this was returned with the other stuff for recycling. Some written instructions would have been helpful as I've no idea what connects to what, or how the "Mini box works.

Regards,

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

But which 360 boxes have you been sent? Two that look like the V6 or two that are smaller than the V6?

I honestly don't understand why you were sent two either way. All V6 boxes can be converted rather than replaced so you should only have been sent one box to replace the TiVo as they can't be converted.

You also definitely should have also got a full install guide with the new kit.

I received 2 new  boxes, one thinner than the other; neither are as wide as the V6

Before the upgrade I had the TIVO box plus the V6, as we needed a box in 2 separate rooms; the TIVO being the main one and the V6 used mainly by visiting family.

The V6 is approx 37cm X 24cm X 6 cm in size and has a capacity of 500GB; the new boxes are much smaller

I assumed that 2 boxes were sent to replaced the 2 "older" boxes because there were no instructions to say otherwise.

Regards

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All V6 boxes are 1TB boxes and are identical to the 360 HDD boxes, only the older TiVo boxes were 500GB.

So could you have had this - a TiVo 500GB box (shown on this page https://my.virginmedia.com/your-tv-box/index.html )and then an older V HD box i.e. the Cisco 4585DVB that looks like this http://cdn-docs.av-iq.com/dataSheet/Cisco-4585DVB_Datasheet.pdf or V+ HD - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%2B ?

I would say what you've been sent is a new 1TB 360 HDD box which is now your main box and looks like the box here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box#tab1 and the other is the smaller Mini box which is your additional box and is of the same design but half height as it's the top of the box as it doesn't have a hard drive in it.

The "V6" is a Samsung  - I assume SMT C7100 MODEL - similar to the machine mentioned in your second paragraph, but not a Cisco

The  new larger box is"model 100br-hdd-vm" - similar in design as shown on the left of the link in your 3rd para.

The new smaller box is "model 1008C- stb-vm"

Regards,

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Look at the links Ben has posted in the previous post for pictures of the different boxes. If you've got a Samsung, that's not a V6 but a TiVo. There's some other pictures here - the V6 & 360 are the same hardware, but run different software and are thus referred to differently.

Although it's too late for you now, converting from TiVo > 360 is often a bad idea, for the simple reason that the TiVo is swapped for the mini-box that doesn't have a hard drive, and you lose the storage space.

Upgrading the TiVo to a V6 first, retains the 1Tb storage - and then the V6 can be separately converted to a 360, retaining its hard drive.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Based on all the above you don't have any missing TV box. You have been sent the correct two boxes you get as part of the Ultimate Volt bundle.

The model 100br-hdd-vm is the one you should put in the room you use the most and then the other one in the other room.

As for returning the other boxes you can see which kit Virgin Media want back here  (although for some reason it's missing the 360 boxes) https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts wrote:

Although it's too late for you now, converting from TiVo > 360 is often a bad idea, for the simple reason that the TiVo is swapped for the mini-box that doesn't have a hard drive, and you lose the storage space.

Upgrading the TiVo to a V6 first, retains the 1Tb storage - and then the V6 can be separately converted to a 360, retaining its hard drive.

If you have one or two TiVo boxes you generally don't lose out with 360 as almost all of those still installed are 500Gb versions, so you either get double what you had or keep the same amount of storage.