cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 issues

mark1603
Joining in

Hello all

my 360 has an error code 2400. Keeps freezing on recorded content, freezes if I pause live tv and intermittently not loading YouTube, just get a pink screen then after approx 30 seconds the error code mentioned. It’s a v6 box upgraded to 360 and never once had any issues prior to the upgrade. 
mall help appreciated thanks. 

13 REPLIES 13

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mark1603 

If the box keeps freezing on recorded and paused content then it is a hard drive error and will need replacing.

As an aside, CS2400 means the app is not accessible and the help page advises to contact VM so they can perform further tests. Sometimes this may be due to temporary local issues or a bad internet connection.

You need to speak to faults due to the hard drive issues.

You should call 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the quick response Dave. My only concern here is that these issue only started once the 360 upgrade was done. Never had any issue like to this point using the same box. That said, hdd can fail, probably just coincidence I reckon. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Mark,

You could try a factory reset which may fix the hard drive issue, however this may only be a temporary fix if it has bad sectors.

If you want to try it then to factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

If that fails you could try the second option (Format Disk) which means you'll lose everything, the same as when getting a replacement 360 box, speaking of which make a note of (or take a photo) any series recording you have so you can set them up again.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tried that when the issue first arose after upgrade it had zero effect lol. 
I will give the tech team a chance to resolve it but I won’t hold out much hope there 🤣

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Hougbong, 

Thanks for posting your concern and welcome back to the community.

Can I ask is this issue just happening with recordings or live TV also?

Secondly is it affecting all recordings?

Thanks,

Kain

Hougbong
On our wavelength

Hi Karl

it happens with recorded content, but if I pause live tv and the. Continue Playing after some minutes it freezes like it does on recorded content. The issue with YouTube not loading is also still happening. I did have another error last night saying cs2200, it’s usually 2400. Done everything recommended on the website and reset with zero success. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hougbong wrote:

it happens with recorded content, but if I pause live tv and the. Continue Playing after some minutes it freezes like it does on recorded content. 

Hi again Mark, possibly aka @Hougbong 

Paused live TV also freezing does seem to confirm a hard drive error, especially if happening on all channels which would need a replacement box.

As per @Kain_W is it affecting all recordings?

@Hougbong wrote:

I did have another error last night saying cs2200, it’s usually 2400. 

Error CS220 can sometimes be rectified by a reboot.

As per my previous response the CS2400 may be due to temporary local issues or a poor  internet connection. 

You tube not playing may be due to a poor internet connection or an actual app fault.

I would expect other apps and catch up to have the same issues if it was the internet connection, but would suggest if you do receive a tech visit to repalce the 360 that you ask them to also check the internet connection..

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hello again

net connection isn’t an issue, all other apps work both on the box, and also on my Samsung smart tv, same for pc and other devices. Getting a 216mbps download speed as an average. It’s only on the box not tv. Reboot never resolved it. 

Hi Hougbong

Thanks for coming back to us. I shall send you a PM now to get this tech visit booked in.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill