cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 box

Theballisinthen
Tuning in

Hi 

I've recently upgraded my old TiVo box to a new 360 box , I've got a V6 box running in another room , both boxes have been running fine off WiFi (m350  ) , on the new 360 box I've ran a hard wired ethernet cable from the back my hub...the hd picture improved a  lot , bit a message keeps popping up saying can't connect to hub (even though it is )....and when I run diagnostics it says there is no connection between my hub and 360 box...any ideas or will I just have to put up with wi-fi connection ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

@Theballisinthen wrote:

on the new 360 box I've ran a hard wired ethernet cable from the back my hub...the hd picture improved a  lot , bit a message keeps popping up saying can't connect to hub (even though it is )....and when I run diagnostics it says there is no connection between my hub and 360 box...any ideas or will I just have to put up with wi-fi connection ?

Regarding your pop up message did you go to settings to change your network connection.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly the internet connection has nothing to do with your live TV. All VM boxes have 2 connections...

1: Physical co-ax cable carrying live TV

2: Internet connection for OnDemand & streaming. This is via your home-hub and can either be wired or wireless. Ethernet is always recommended, but a reliable WiFi signal is often sufficient.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@Theballisinthen wrote:

on the new 360 box I've ran a hard wired ethernet cable from the back my hub...the hd picture improved a  lot , bit a message keeps popping up saying can't connect to hub (even though it is )....and when I run diagnostics it says there is no connection between my hub and 360 box...any ideas or will I just have to put up with wi-fi connection ?

Regarding your pop up message did you go to settings to change your network connection.

Hi thanks for that...how do I stop the message popping up to check the connection between my 360 box and hub ...there doesn't seem to be anyway to disable this message

If you change the network connection through settings you shouldn't get a pop up message unless the 360 hasn't for some reason recognised the change. Have you turned the 360 off and on, and do the diagnostics still say there's no connection. Maybe you will have to do a factory reset and select the option of keeping your recordings.

Another thing you could try is disconnecting your ethernet cable and then go back to settings to change your network connection.