cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 box resetting randomly

johnp77
Joining in

Since changing to Virgin media 360 the box has reset itself at random times and lost all recordings. I never had problems with the same box running V6 software.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any TV box that's restarting anything more than occasionally and overnight, likely has a fault.

That's true whether it's a TiVo, V6 or a TV360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any TV box that's restarting anything more than occasionally and overnight, likely has a fault.

That's true whether it's a TiVo, V6 or a TV360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks. After a protracted web chat I have been told that I need a new box, and it will be with me in about three days

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey johnp77, thanks for posting on our help forum and sorry to see you've had issues with your TV box recently and lost your recordings. 😞

We understand how frustrating this can be, especially if you're upgrading to a new TV box.

Glad to know our team have already assisted by replacing your TV box to resolve this, do let us know how things have gone since and feel free to reach back in case you face any further problems with your services in the future.

We're here to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have received a new Virgin 360 box and installed it. So far, everything seems to be OK, but until I have recorded a few programs and watched them I won't know if rhe problem is sorted, although having fitted the new box and downloaded the new software I will be very surprised if there is still a problem.

Very quick service from Virgin, the whole process was simple and painless.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread johnp77.

Please do let us know how things go once you have added some recordings and if you require any further assistance. 

Thanks, 

Nat