cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 box - keep losing saved programmes and series links

Portman_blue
Joining in

Hi

For the 2nd time in a month all the recorded programmes have disappeared from my box.

Can anyone suggest how to

a) stop this happening

b) how I can get back lost series etc

Many thanks in advance

Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi Frank,

If the 360 is deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it's done it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You can also try a factory reset of the 360, if you haven't got any recordings you might as well go for the format disk option or select the keep recordings option and if or 'when' the box deletes everything again then phone Virgin.

Unfortunately there is no undelete or deleted folder to retrieve your recording from and the series links will need adding again when they become available on the EPG.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

Hi Frank,

If the 360 is deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it's done it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You can also try a factory reset of the 360, if you haven't got any recordings you might as well go for the format disk option or select the keep recordings option and if or 'when' the box deletes everything again then phone Virgin.

Unfortunately there is no undelete or deleted folder to retrieve your recording from and the series links will need adding again when they become available on the EPG.

Hi roy247

Many thanks for your reply.

now hanging on the phone.......... awful muzak

Let's hope it's not too long.🤞

Hi

Call answered after about 30 mins. Call handler kept checking that I'd rebooted box etc and confirmed that broadband etc was working properly. But we already knew that as I had followed the instructions sent via text.

Eventually advised me to switch off the 'auto delete when full' option - which shouldn't have been a problem as the storage had never got above 45% and was less than 30% when I lost all recordings last weekend.

Not very satisfied with this. If changing that option solves the problem then the software at fault. Wait and see if it happens again seems to be the attitude.

If it does, I may move away from Virgin and see if Sky is more reliable.

Cheers

Frank

Hello Portman_blue,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your recordings being deleted.

It may well be that the box is faulty and will need to be replaced.

If it happens again, please pop back on here and we can take a look into this for you.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

Have just got back from holiday so apologies for not replying earlier.

I don't seem to have lost any more programmes since unsetting the space required flag.

However - While I was away I tried setting some new recordings via Virgin TV Go app on my phone and was unable to do so as the box had entered standby mode. The app said the recording would be scheduled when it woke up (or something like that) but it didn't record the programmes.

Is the box faulty? If so, how do I get a replacement?

Cheers

Frank

Hi @Portman_blue 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your 360 box.

Can you check if the box is enabled to 'Fast Start' in the power settings please? This should enable you to record no matter what the box is in.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis_M

No - it was in Active mode (presumably the default as I hadn't changed it). 

I'll try to remember to switch to 'Fast' before I go away next.

Thanks for you help

Frank