cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 box error

dmf397
Joining in

Hi - had a Virgin 360 box installed over a week ago. The vast majority of channels work absolutely fine, but I'm receiving error 100:70 "we are currently setting up your channels" on Sky Sports channels only. I accepted it as a delay in activation for the first few days, but over a week later I still have the same issue, so I'm currently paying for channels I don't have access to. Obviously, that is completely unacceptable.

I have spoken to the technical team and they offered no help whatsover, before transferring me to another department who then ended the call without ever speaking to me! 

I have read on here previously that this should be a very simple fix at Virgin Media's end and just requires an updated serial number and/or activation on my account. 

Is anyone able to help and/or provide guidance on how this can be fixed as soon as possible?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dmf397 wrote:

I have read on here previously that this should be a very simple fix at Virgin Media's end and just requires an updated serial number and/or activation on my account. 

Is anyone able to help and/or provide guidance on how this can be fixed as soon as possible?

You can do one of two things here.

Call back in, speak to someone else who (hopefully) resolves it for you

Wait on here for VM staff to respond, that may take a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dmf397

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 👋

I am sorry you were having some issues with your 360 services, I can see you have been in touch with our team since your post. Has this resolved your issue?

Please let us know 😊

Zoie

Hi @Zoie_P - Unfortunately not. No one I speak to seems to know how to deal with this and just references an outage in the area. The outage explanation doesn’t make any sense to me because I can watch all other Sky channels… just not Sky Sports.

Based on what I have read on here already, it really feels to me like VM haven’t activated the sports channels and/or registered my 360 box properly. Is there something you can do to help?

Thanks

@Zoie_P wrote:

Hi @dmf397

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 👋

I am sorry you were having some issues with your 360 services, I can see you have been in touch with our team since your post. Has this resolved your issue?

Please let us know 😊

Zoie

Hi Zoie - are you able to help? Please see my original response on this thread. I called again and was told there is an outage in the area (which doesn’t make sense because I can still watch other Sky channels) and that it would be resolved by today. I have tried to access sky sports again this morning and it’s still not working, so I’m paying for a service that Virgin Media isn’t providing.

Thanks, David

Thanks for coming back to us dmf397, are you still having issues accessing Sky Sports today?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

@Steven_L wrote:

Thanks for coming back to us dmf397, are you still having issues accessing Sky Sports today?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven - yes, very disappointingly I am still not getting Sky Sports and am not getting anywhere with the Technical team or the complaints team. I’m continuing to pay for a service not being provided, so I really just would like this resolved ASAP.

Thanks

Thank you for your response @dmf397  and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I can however see you have been in contact with our team and the issue was resolved. Are you able to confirm this? Do you need any further help with Sky Sports?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs