cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 box And Dolby Atmos

Garoelms
Tuning in

Hi. I have a Samsung sound bar (Samsung HW-K950) and a new Samsung TV. I have tried everything but cannot get any Atmos audio to play from the virgin 360 box... Despite claiming to support Atmos.

My main test is the Netflix app... So on the virgin box I go into Netflix and it lists titles with Atmos audio. I have made sure that in the virgin audio set up "always follow" is enabled under Dolby.

If I use the same HDMI cable I am using to the virgin box and plug that into an nvidia shield tv... Use Netflix and atmos comes on immediately. 

I then put the same hdmi back into the virgin box and no Atmos. 

Is there anything more that can be done as it seems my box isn't outputting in Atmos at all?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

As a test of the 360 if you watch BT Sport Ultimate that usually has dolby atmos, unfortunately you will have to wait until Tuesday 7pm until the next match but hopefully it will be worth it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

As a test of the 360 if you watch BT Sport Ultimate that usually has dolby atmos, unfortunately you will have to wait until Tuesday 7pm until the next match but hopefully it will be worth it.

terrorbite
Joining in

Have a read of this. There may be something in the connection chain that is not compatible with Dolby Atmos

https://thehometheaterdiy.com/can-hdmi-arc-send-dolby-atmos-audio/

So I put on BT ULTIMATE for the footy and Atmos worked fine! Went back to Netflix and still no Atmos despite saying the audio is in Atmos. 

Does that mean BT is the the only channel which has Atmos support? Why does it offer it as an option if only one channel works with it?

I also don't understand why Netflix doesn't work with it? 

AFAIK BT Sport Ultimate is the only channel with Dolby Atmos, the Netflix App is supported by Netflix and not Virgin so it might be a Netflix thing rather than a Virgin problem, I don't have Netflix so can't check.

Ah OK.... Bit of a crapper advertising the 360 box as amtos support when only one channel has it (sometimes!).

Sky have it with all the UHD movies seems silly Virgin are so far behind! But yet again they not even got Amzon or Disney apps yet either. I may jump ship back to Sky 😕

Well technically it does support Dolby Atmos, BT UlSport Ultimate is the only channel with Dolby Atmos, Sky UHD movies only became available in the last year or so and Sky Sports was 'promised' or talked about being available but it's down to Sky, while they keep these options they have the upper hand. 

Regarding the Amazon apps you do have prime video, and I believe the Disney + app is only available on Sky due to a deal, but your TV may have the app, as with all apps like this you do need an account, unfortunately none come free unless on a free trial period.