cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 audio sync issues

fwilson84
On our wavelength

I got a 360 box last week and I have had several issues with the audio sync - some of which I’ve read similar issues on here but some that I haven’t.

Firstly, I’ve experienced the same issue as many seem to have using a Sonos Beam soundbar. The stock answer seems to be to disable Dolby Digital. This is absolutely ridiculous. I assume Virgin Media are actively looking to sort this? Wish I’d gone with Sky now because of this issue.

That aside, even disabling Dolby Digital (and even unplugging the soundbar) I’m experiencing audio lag on certain channels - mainly BBC channels (but there’s the odd other channel). The audio delay function is useless here as (1) it would be ridiculous to have to change this setting every time you change channel) and (2) it is the opposite - I need an audio forward - audio delay makes it worse.

Any ideas as to how I can sort this?

7 REPLIES 7

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @fwilson84

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to her you are having issues with your new 360 TV box and it's audio sync. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. Just to confirm have you tried rebooting the box to see if the audio issues persist?https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-restart-or-reset-your-box#tab2. Is audio the only issue you are having with the 360 box?

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

roy247
Community elder

Hi fwilson84,

According to this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Audio-Sync-problem-with-new-360-box/td-p/4446863

There is a fault ticket open for this, F009175618 maybe Akua_A could check for an update as it's 3 week's past the estimated fix date.

Hey @fwilson84,

I have looked into this with the fault reference supplied by @roy247.

The ticket was closed at 12.30pm on Tuesday 17th, how has this been over the last few days, has the issue gone or are you still having audio sync issues?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi @Steven_L

No, I’m still experiencing the same audio sync issues. I’ve tried resetting the box but still no luck.

Thank you for keeping us posted fwilson84.

I'm sorry you're continuing to have this issue. 

I would like to run through some further checks. Before doing that what I will do is private message you so we can clear some data protection. 

^Martin

iantho
Tuning in

I'm also having audio sync problems with my new 360 box and my Sonos Beam soundbar. I had no issues with my previous TiVo box before upgrading to 360. I've tried disabling the automatic Dolby Digital 5.1 conversion option, which seems to help a bit, but I still have audio sync issues on some channels and with most recordings. Based on what I've read, this is a known issue with the 360 box, so I'm waiting for a software update to resolve the problem. If anyone has any info on when to expect a fix, that would be really useful!

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @iantho

Hopefully a software update on the box can be performed on the set top box very soon.

Have you attempted any reboots on the set top box, or any similar diagnostics on the sound bar?

It would also be handy to confirm if the auto sync issue is still apparent when the sound bar is not connected, and the audio comes through the speakers on the TV you're using

Kindest regards,

David_Bn