cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 and NOWtv

AnnCamilla
On our wavelength

When our Virgin 360 was a Virgin TiVo, the update to 360 obliterated the ability to connect to NOWtv, Disney+ and no doubt other channels/apps. Why?

Last year, Virgin said these apps would be available by the end of the year - which has come and gone. So when oh when can I watch NowTV for which I've been paying a subscription for months and months without being able to watch it on TV? Ditto Disney+?

12 REPLIES 12

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I very much doubt Now Tv will ever be on Virgin as sky wouldn't allow it, Disney may or may not appear at some point, but why not just buy a fire stick and install waht you want on it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AnnCamilla wrote:

When our Virgin 360 was a Virgin TiVo, the update to 360 obliterated the ability to connect to NOWtv, Disney+ and no doubt other channels/apps. Why?

No VM TV box (TiVo, V6 or 360) has either of these apps, so your conversion to 360 will have made no difference to your access.

How exactly are you trying to access these services?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

When we had a Virgin TiVo (before the 360 software was automatically downloaded) we were able to use all the apps which were already on our Samsung TV - that included NOWtv, Disney+ etc. etc. Now that we have the 360 we tried to switch out of that and use the TV direct, selecting the NOWtv app at the bottom of the screen. Nothing much happened but when it did, all we got was blur. There seems to be a lot on this forum about this and the collaboration between Virgin and NOWtv being at odds.

Anonymous
Not applicable

360 won’t have had any effect on your TV’s apps, including NOW. Have you checked your TV has the latest software and that the apps are up to date? Now TV was recently rebranded to just ‘NOW’ so it could be your apps need updating. Equally, ensure your TV is still connected to the internet to allow such updates.

It’s worth noting you can log into NOW and cancel your subscription at any time.

This may help. 

Hi @AnnCamilla

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Now TV.

The set top box should not have an impact on that app being available via your TV. 

As suggested by @Anonymous have you ensured your Now TV app is up to date?

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

martingg
On our wavelength

I am going to throw my hat into the ring. A long time ago I subscribed to Now TV for, yes Game of Throwns with the new series now on Now TV I was looking to subscribe again, but no app on Virgin Media cable app. We’re did it go. I know it was their at one point or I could never have watched the previous series as have never had Sky.. so we’re is it hiding.

It's now owned by Sky so why should they create an app for Virgin. 

It might be available through your smart TV.

I find that my Fire TV 4K Max has everything for me that VM doesn't provide.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Yes Firestick  may be the only route. I have one somewhere but don’t tend to use it as need to switch the tv over from cable to the input the Firestick is plug into. To view TV like this confuses the Mrs and has caused rows in the past if I leave the wrong input channel set up on the TV. So that why I don’t use a Firestick and would prefer to use an app as before on Virgin. This lack of facilities on Virgin olong with the quality of service dropping to an all time low is why after 20 years of being a Virgin customer (only having a break when I tried Sky but never got on with it and the constant pixillation). I am looking to move to Community Fibre as soon as reach me in their expansion program. The down side of this I will lose my blueyonder email address and will have to purchase a personal domain..