cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 TV recording capacity

HHone
Joining in

Hi,

Does anyone know the total recording capacity for Virgin 360TV with 2 Mini boxes? I understand the main box is the same as the current V6 box? Is that the same 1TB Hard Drive? Also do the mini's come without a Hard Drive, storing the content on the main box? This would mean I'd have 1/3 of the storage space?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have the Arris V6 boxes it is possible to upgrade these from the TiVO to the Horizon platform & keep all the storage on the boxes. Upgrades like this are currently by invitation only.

Otherwise you will be given Humax boxes. These only run on Horizon, only have one master box & therefore are restricted to 1GB storage maximum. Horizon is designed for cloud storage, so this will likely be the next step rather than any increase in box capacity.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The minis have no storage space so your correct, it's 1/3 of having 3 v6 boxes

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Are the mini boxes having any connection issues? I've previously had Sky Q which had issues streaming across boxes.

Many Thanks

Hi HHone,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are not aware of any such issues with the 360 box, you can find out more about our 369 here.

Kind regards

Paul.

Hi 

I've had virgin for month or two now. I'm really impressed with the virgin tv interface an the ability to watch recordings from the master box. Is there anyway to increase my hdd space. I don't mind paying for it but is it possible to get a bigger hdd because I record a lot and I'm already on 40 percent capacity.

Thanks 

Hi.

As above. Are there any way in which HHD space can be increased? Or is it possible to have Virgin 360 with 3 Full/Main boxes instead of the Mini’s? I’ve not had my install yet but currently have 3 V6 boxes? I may try to stick with the V6

Thanks

G4DDS
Well-informed

@HHone wrote:

Hi.

As above. Are there any way in which HHD space can be increased? Or is it possible to have Virgin 360 with 3 Full/Main boxes instead of the Mini’s? I’ve not had my install yet but currently have 3 V6 boxes? I may try to stick with the V6

Thanks

Me too. I have 3 V6 boxes and when forced to upgrade I would like to keep my capacity and current recording abilities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: Ultimate Volt 1Gb
Equipment: 3 x V6, Hub 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have the Arris V6 boxes it is possible to upgrade these from the TiVO to the Horizon platform & keep all the storage on the boxes. Upgrades like this are currently by invitation only.

Otherwise you will be given Humax boxes. These only run on Horizon, only have one master box & therefore are restricted to 1GB storage maximum. Horizon is designed for cloud storage, so this will likely be the next step rather than any increase in box capacity.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@HHone wrote:

Are the mini boxes having any connection issues? I've previously had Sky Q which had issues streaming across boxes.

VM's mini boxes do not stream content from the main box like Sky's as each mini must be connected to a coaxial cable for broadcast TV.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi,

Is there a way to check with V6 boxes I have and is there a way to request that I keep these of possible and upgrade all 3 to the 360 interface ect? I may stay with V6 of this is not possible? 

Regards