cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 Service - I have to keep logging into iplayer and netflix

JF_UK
Joining in

Hi

I often have to keep logging back into iplayer and netflix on my virgin service. This doesn't happen all the time after it has logged off. It is about 2-3 times a week. Why is this happening? Before, when I was on Virgin V6 it worked perfectly. I moved to 360 , keeping the same V6 box, and it is happening loads. It is VERY frustrating.

Also, I have noticed my recordings keep getting deleted!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!

9 REPLIES 9

roy247
Community elder

If the 360 is deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, you can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

Thanks. I hope it is a straight forward as that. I have tried calling Virgin and seem unable to speak to anyone as they deal with TV issues by sending you a url link to self diagnose the issue yourself. I tried that link and couldn't get it to work....so looks like I will have to wait for support to contact me on here!!! Hmmm

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JF_UK wrote:

Thanks. I hope it is a straight forward as that. I have tried calling Virgin and seem unable to speak to anyone as they deal with TV issues by sending you a url link to self diagnose the issue yourself.

Choose the option for "I have a fault with my TV service", then press nothing else. Ignore the invitations to get a link, do it yourself, go online etc etc - just wait on the line and you should join the queue.

Otherwise VM staff should be along here in a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey JF_UK, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues with your TV.

Are you turning your TV off at the mains? If so this will happen with the apps.

I would make sure you click remember me on login in page too. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt.....

I only turn off at the mains when troubleshooting recommendations are "turn everything off". The two issues I have are:

1. Having to re enter BBC iplayer and Netflix email and password. This doesn't happen everytime I go back to my tv to watch it (lets say the next day) but it does happen every week or more and I have not turned off the mains power prior to that happening. This suggests its not the resetting it at the mains that is the issue.

2. My recordings get deleted without any input from me.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

Do you have the one box with us or do you also have a mini box?

Have you made any amendments to your recording settings? More information can be found here

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Nat

I just have one box. I didnt get a new one when I was "upgraded" to 360.  And no ammedments to the recording settings. I definately didn't set it to "delete everything you have recorded when I am least expecting it".

On my other issue...the logging off of iplayer and netflix and having to relog email and password back in.... that is now happening on a daily basis and is driving the family and me nuts!!!!!

Hi JF_UK, thank you for confirming! 

Sincerest apologies that this is happening and for any frustration caused! At this stage it will be best if we investigate further. 

I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details, investigate and offer further support. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

All the best. 

Molly

Wow this is too hard!!! Molly thanks for DM'ing me....that lasted 3 days and I didnt even get to the end of the security checks. One week on and still no response!!! Virgin this is pretty disappointing.

My two problems still are:

- keep getting logged out of iplayer and netflix

- my recordings get deleted without anyone from the family doing it

Still a call for help!!!