cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 Problems

McGee1993
Joining in

Hi, we were recently upgraded to the Virgin 360 system. Since then, we’ve had nothing but problems with the main box downstairs.

We constantly have to reset it because it comes up with an error whenever we try and watch a show recorded on another box.

The more annoying issue is that it constantly freezes when watching recordings. 

Can someone look into this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case, 2 things to check...

1: On the downstairs box that has issues with its own recordings - please choose a live TV channel to watch. Pause the channel for perhaps 30 seconds, and then watch delayed - this is also using the HDD and is effectively a recording. If the box has disk issues, it should become apparent here.

2: On the upstairs box that apparently can't stream, please try using OnDemand. It's the same 360 <--> Hub connection for all streaming, this again is a good test.

Are both boxes using wireless, or is one of them using Ethernet? Although it's useful diagnostics that other devices are connecting ok, it's ultimately what the 360 says that matters.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

ozsat
Superstar

More likely an Wifi problem in your house than a problem with the box.

How are they connected? What is the error message?

@McGee1993 wrote:

Hi, we were recently upgraded to the Virgin 360 system. Since then, we’ve had nothing but problems with the main box downstairs.

We constantly have to reset it because it comes up with an error whenever we try and watch a show recorded on another box.

The more annoying issue is that it constantly freezes when watching recordings. 

Can someone look into this please?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Agreed with oszat thus far. In addition...

How many boxes do you have, and how many are minis (without hard drives)?

When you say that recordings are freezing, is that watching on the same box they were recorded? Or different ones? You seem to say both, but can you clarify please?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

They are both V6 boxes that have been upgraded to 360. Wifi doesn’t cause problems with anything else. TV has apps and none of them are showing connection issues.

I’ve ran the diagnostics on the box numerous times for network and that says High/Strong connection and should be able to play UHD shows.

Its the box downstairs that won’t connect to the one we’ve got upstairs. And it’s shows that have been recorded on the box downstairs that are freezing. I’ve had zero issues with the box upstairs. So it’s just recordings on the same box.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case, 2 things to check...

1: On the downstairs box that has issues with its own recordings - please choose a live TV channel to watch. Pause the channel for perhaps 30 seconds, and then watch delayed - this is also using the HDD and is effectively a recording. If the box has disk issues, it should become apparent here.

2: On the upstairs box that apparently can't stream, please try using OnDemand. It's the same 360 <--> Hub connection for all streaming, this again is a good test.

Are both boxes using wireless, or is one of them using Ethernet? Although it's useful diagnostics that other devices are connecting ok, it's ultimately what the 360 says that matters.

That seems to have flagged the problem. It does the same thing when we’ve paused the TV and then carry on watching, constant freezing.

does this mean we need a new box? If so, I’ll contact Virgin!

Thanks for the advice!

Hi McGee1993, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with your main 360 box. I'd also like to say thanks to the other Community users who have jumped in to help whilst waiting for a reply from us - Kudos to you both 🙂

I have taken a look at the box stats and as it stands, there is nothing showing untoward. he Hard drive status is looking good and all your signal levels are where they need to be too. 

You've mentioned in your first post that an error message was coming up. Can you let us know what the error code and message is please? This should help us further to diagnose what's going on along with next steps on how to resolve 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs