Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 Eithernet issues

Quidzilla
Joining in

Hi everyone,

anyone out there than can help!

I have recently got 360 and hub 4 as part of the volt package. However since I have set it up my box comes up with various issues from try again later to multiple devices streaming at once so unable to play. Also requesting to record anything doesn’t happen just says check later. What I have found is if I connect the 360 main box via WiFi instead of using a cable it works fine. However as soon as I connect it again with a cable it stops working. I have tried rebooting the device, using another cable that I know works, using a different port of the back of the hub. Still with issues. Also when I have run a test on the site it comes up with a smart card issue for both my mini and 360 boxes. I have followed what it says to fix that but still no joy either.

any ideas of where I can get more help will be great.

23 REPLIES 23

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Quidzilla,

Thank you for responding to my private message, I have booked a technician appointment for you to get this resolved. Please do keep me posted on how things are going following this.

Best wishes,

Serena

All sorted, turns out a dodgy port of the back of the main box.

Can I ask how do I get a free WiFi pod? Technician said I was entitled to one free one but needed to email to ask for one. He did say use the app but currently Hub 4 is not supported. My WiFi signal is very limited in the spare room and drops out every now and then.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Quidzilla

Thanks for getting back to us, it's great to hear that the port issue on the back of your box has now been resolved. Thanks for letting us know!

I would be happy to order an Intelligent WiFi Pod for you, I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required and get this sorted. Please note, if you’re a Volt or Gig1 customer, Intelligent WiFi Plus is included with your package - otherwise it will cost £5 per month. For more details on the Intelligent WiFi Pods please visit this link.

Best wishes,

Serena

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Quidzilla

Thank you for responding to my private message. I'm glad we could arrange an Intelligent WiFi Pod for you, please do pop back and keep us posted on how you're getting along with the Pod once it arrives.

Best wishes,

Serena