cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 Box stuck whilst booting up (Amber Light)

bod1611
On our wavelength

Hi,

I switched over to a 360 box about 2 months ago and haven't had any major problems (except getting intermittent black screens for 2/3 seconds at a regularly which i haven't solved yet!).  My wife accidentally powered down the box a couple of days ago and on switching it back on, it seems to be stuck trying to boot.  I've tried switching it off/unplugging etc and it's always the same sequence:

Power On --> Standby (Red) - 30 seconds --> Booting (Amber)

Once the boot sequence starts, my TV shows 

Tuner 1 --> Tuner 1(Virgin TV 2)

And the nothing else happens.

I've seen others on the forum with this problem, is it an engineer or can i try anything else before this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bod1611
On our wavelength

All sorted - after i took a closer look, it seemed that the coax cable had been knocked whilst she was trying to get it back working - a quick tightening up has sorted it out.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

bod1611
On our wavelength

All sorted - after i took a closer look, it seemed that the coax cable had been knocked whilst she was trying to get it back working - a quick tightening up has sorted it out.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @bod1611 

Thanks for updating the thread, pleased to see you've found the cause and it's all working now.

It's easily done and something we tend to overlook, so your solution should help others too.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bod1611,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you had issues with your TV box.

We are however glad to see the issue was resolved by securing a cable. In this case, please continue to monitor your service and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs