cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vigin 360

Fantazein
On our wavelength

Want to find a way so the box stays on 24/7 and not go into its standby mode as if I am away want to be able to access it thru my sling box and if it goes into standby no use to me otherwise will need to revert back to normal virgin tv

7 REPLIES 7

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening,

You can change the standby timer through the settings on your 360box. The maximum setting however is 24hours so the box will go into standby if not used within the 24hours. 

Hope this helps, if you need help finding this in the settings please just ask.

Thank you Joe. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Fantazein
On our wavelength

I know this i want a fix to get around the box so it never goes into standby otherwise how do I revert back to old system 

@Fantazein wrote:

I know this i want a fix to get around the box so it never goes into standby otherwise how do I revert back to old system 

It looks like ‘24 hrs’ is the maximum time. Unfortunately, once you update to 360, you can’t go back - it’sa one way trip. 

roy247
Community elder

@Fantazein wrote:

Want to find a way so the box stays on 24/7 and not go into its standby mode as if I am away want to be able to access it thru my sling box and if it goes into standby no use to me otherwise will need to revert back to normal virgin tv

I have to admit to not hearing about a slingbox, from a quick look at the way it's connected, (not being able to check this), if the 360 is set to fast start does the slingbox not wake-up the 360, have you tried this and it doesn't work.

The other relevent point on their website I don't know if you have seen this, probably should have had an email,

Q: How long will my Slingbox continue to work?
A: Slingbox servers will be permanently taken offline November 9, 2022, at which point ALL Slingbox devices and services will become inoperable.

Until then, most Slingbox models will continue to work normally, but the number of supported devices for viewing will steadily decrease as versions of the SlingPlayer apps become outdated and/or lose compatibility.

See SOFTWARE & APPS section below for additional details.
Q: Why is Slingbox being discontinued?
A: Due to technology advances within the TV industry and the ubiquitous nature of streaming devices and services over the past several years, the demand for Slingbox has decreased. As a result, we are focusing our efforts on continuing to develop and enhance innovative products for DISH TV and SLING TV to meet the evolving needs for place-shifted viewing.

Roy

HI Roy,

How did you get the Slingbox to work with your 360?

Our Slingbox was working with our old Virgin Tivo - but since we changed to the 360 we hear the audio but the picture is not there. I have tried reconfiguring the composite input to the Slingbox - without success.

Bearing mind the anticipated demise of the Slingbox service, I don't want to waste money buying another HDMI to Composite converter - it took me a few goes to get one that worked!

Hoping you can help!

Unfortunately, still can't find anything that would replace Slingbox to control the Virgin 360 remotely! Have you?

regards,

Allan

Fantazein
On our wavelength

I got mine working need to change settings to 720p on virgin box and will then work

Thank you - will try that!

Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Allan